Home

Dynasty Question

This is a discussion on Dynasty Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #9
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Dynasty Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
What I mean by fully editing players inside the dynasty mode is this. We should have the ability to edit every thing from a players name (can do now), height/weight (can't do now) so we can fix the players that don't match their skill, appearance (can't do now) like skin color or face or hair, ratings (can't do now) so we can all be happy when EA does what they did this year. I don't like being held hostage by not having the power to make the game the way I want it. Say I wanted to make every 5* player have an overall between 80-85 then I should be able to. If you have played NBA2k or Choops2k8 you know what I am talking about. If you don't like how the game company created the recruits then you have the power to fix it. I hate to see the 5* 6'5" 210lb DE's with amazing skill ratings. They may gain 10 pounds but end up as complete studs. Just very unrealistic to me. Also with how slow the skill players are in NCAA 11 I could fix that but since I don't have the power I'm stuck to deal with WR that can't get away from a old man with a walker.
Ok, I see what you're saying. I kinda thought that might be the case but wasn't sure. I'm on the "edit in dynasty" bandwagon now. Then again, wouldn't it be nice if they just got it right to begin with like they did last year? Oh well... I guess everyone's interpretation of correct is different.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #10
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
Ok, I see what you're saying. I kinda thought that might be the case but wasn't sure. I'm on the "edit in dynasty" bandwagon now. Then again, wouldn't it be nice if they just got it right to begin with like they did last year? Oh well... I guess everyone's interpretation of correct is different.
It is the only way to please all sides. They (EA) just need to pick higher or lower and then let the user decide if they want to keep it or allow them to change it. If some kid wanted to make his team all 99's then why should he not be able to. This would only work for offline play though.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #11
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
It is the only way to please all sides. They (EA) just need to pick higher or lower and then let the user decide if they want to keep it or allow them to change it. If some kid wanted to make his team all 99's then why should he not be able to. This would only work for offline play though.
Sorry Man Nebraska never gets better. We had a guy in our Online Dynasty who won the big 12 2 or 3 years in a row. His team still looked like a JV team compared to the big boys. Especially in an Online Dynasty where the competition is even stiffer than in a regular one. Its sad that the game has decided that Alabama Texas Oklahoma Florida Michigan Ohio State USC Miami will dominate recruiting no matter what. Its been like that for a while but in last years game the recruiting class was so much deeper that even though USC would crush me in recruiting when I was UCLA. I would still be getting good players because I could find great 3 star players which no longer exist. Even though I won the PAC 10 4 years in a row his team would destroy mine in recruiting but only if you just look at the stars. This year though if I'm at a good school I don't recruit non Juco 3 stars. They will never start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #12
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinewon
Sorry Man Nebraska never gets better. We had a guy in our Online Dynasty who won the big 12 2 or 3 years in a row. His team still looked like a JV team compared to the big boys. Especially in an Online Dynasty where the competition is even stiffer than in a regular one. Its sad that the game has decided that Alabama Texas Oklahoma Florida Michigan Ohio State USC Miami will dominate recruiting no matter what. Its been like that for a while but in last years game the recruiting class was so much deeper that even though USC would crush me in recruiting when I was UCLA. I would still be getting good players because I could find great 3 star players which no longer exist. Even though I won the PAC 10 4 years in a row his team would destroy mine in recruiting but only if you just look at the stars. This year though if I'm at a good school I don't recruit non Juco 3 stars. They will never start.
Well in all reality those schools do typically dominate in recruiting, barring the "down" years for the programs when they're not winning the NC. It is "correct" in that regard. However, the issue lies in the discrepancy with the recruits. There is way to much of a disparity between the top recruits and the lower rated ones. Should those teams sign as many 5 stars that they do sometimes? No. But that's not really the issue.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:44 PM   #13
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
Well in all reality those schools do typically dominate in recruiting, barring the "down" years for the programs when they're not winning the NC. It is "correct" in that regard. However, the issue lies in the discrepancy with the recruits. There is way to much of a disparity between the top recruits and the lower rated ones. Should those teams sign as many 5 stars that they do sometimes? No. But that's not really the issue.
Exactly. The difference between 3 stars and 4 and 5 stars are ridiculous.

Colt McCoy was a 3 star and was good enough to start at Texas his freshman year. That would never happen in NCAA 2011.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »