Home

Unbelieveable EA Sports FAIL in OD offseason last night

This is a discussion on Unbelieveable EA Sports FAIL in OD offseason last night within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Unbelieveable EA Sports FAIL in OD offseason last night

So we're in year 6 of a very competitive online dynasty and last night took the cake for the amount of ridiculousness. I really hope that EA can get this stuff fixed by NCAA12, because it has almost gotten laughable (if it wasnt so painful). Every offseason its like a tornado hits our OD just to shake things up. Check out this list from ONE offseason:

* One guy, who was on ALL DAY, was kicked by EA right when we started the offseason... could not log in until week #4 (had to have someone else recover his gamertag and set up his offseason board)

* Many individuals (for the 2nd year in a row) were not able to save their 'players leaving' progress. They would 'save' the guy, but it would not upload even after multiple tried, so they lost them.

* No one could reject transfers (one guy got 4 garbage players, tried to reject them all)

* I lost my entire week one of offseason recruiting (acted like I didnt talk to ANYONE, add them to my board... nothing... so basically all the guys that I was high on or made good progress with in week one... nope... nothing... had to readd them week #2 and got none of them)

* Many individuals were unable to save their cuts (this happens every year)... so guys had random cuts

* And here's the worst one... the game reset the schedules between preseason and week 1 and HALF of the users (4 of 8) got less than 6 home games... one guy only got FOUR (and this was not the commish's fault, I can understand on here or there, but EVERY out of conference game is AWAY).

*** (we've had other years where position switches did not take as well)

... And for the record, we are very careful. The commish doesn't have a quick trigger finger (i.e. advancing before guys are ready... we wait until everyone has confirmed and many have logged out and back in before advancing)...

... Its just very frustrating to play in a competitive OD, and spend as much time on recruiting / building your team etc... during the year to have the offseason be as screwy as it is... GAH....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Unbelieveable EA Sports FAIL in OD offseason last night

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Old 01-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAnguish
So we're in year 6 of a very competitive online dynasty and last night took the cake for the amount of ridiculousness. I really hope that EA can get this stuff fixed by NCAA12, because it has almost gotten laughable (if it wasnt so painful). Every offseason its like a tornado hits our OD just to shake things up. Check out this list from ONE offseason:

* One guy, who was on ALL DAY, was kicked by EA right when we started the offseason... could not log in until week #4 (had to have someone else recover his gamertag and set up his offseason board)

* Many individuals (for the 2nd year in a row) were not able to save their 'players leaving' progress. They would 'save' the guy, but it would not upload even after multiple tried, so they lost them.

* No one could reject transfers (one guy got 4 garbage players, tried to reject them all)

* I lost my entire week one of offseason recruiting (acted like I didnt talk to ANYONE, add them to my board... nothing... so basically all the guys that I was high on or made good progress with in week one... nope... nothing... had to readd them week #2 and got none of them)

* Many individuals were unable to save their cuts (this happens every year)... so guys had random cuts

* And here's the worst one... the game reset the schedules between preseason and week 1 and HALF of the users (4 of 8) got less than 6 home games... one guy only got FOUR (and this was not the commish's fault, I can understand on here or there, but EVERY out of conference game is AWAY).

*** (we've had other years where position switches did not take as well)

... And for the record, we are very careful. The commish doesn't have a quick trigger finger (i.e. advancing before guys are ready... we wait until everyone has confirmed and many have logged out and back in before advancing)...

... Its just very frustrating to play in a competitive OD, and spend as much time on recruiting / building your team etc... during the year to have the offseason be as screwy as it is... GAH....
My online Dynasty has ran for 50 plus season combined in between NCAA 09-11. This is how it fell apart this year.

After our first year the whole dynasty had to be restarted because it froze during the offseason.

We also had a few guys that could not stop players from leaving multiple years in a row.

We had a national championship game that could not be played at all after two days of trying they could not get past the coin flip.

We had people get stuck on week 1 of offseason recruiting while for everyone else the weeks moved on.

I had an instance where I backed out of the dynasty and came back in and my recruiting had been taken away but I still had 0 hours 0 minutes but no scholarship offers given during week 1.

These are just the technical issues not including things like the number 1 freshmen all american running back from LSU transferring to Florida with no promises broken or seemingly every recruit having Alabama number 1 when Wisconsin won the national title with Alabama not even winning the SEC. Or Wisconsin still losing recruits to Michigan after they had beaten them 5 years in a row. Or us finding out the best way to have a good recruiting class is to recruit really badly the year before and watch the computer just hand you players.

Online Dynasties were not considered when they rated NCAA 2011 because they took a HUGE step back.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah and the broken 'transfers' item... had a guy cut his offseason roster down to like 54 one year... just like clockwork he got EIGHT transfers the next season... EIGHT. The transfers were better than ANY recruiting class could have been. If you leave your roster at the max 70 you'll never get a transfer, which is stupid.

One year me and another owner had the system NOT accept our position switches (I had a lot of CBs to switch to safeties etc..., OL lineman to manever etc...) so when we got to player cuts we had some walkons in those low positions... then it didn't accept the player cuts... so I bascially lost half my recruiting class in one year (ended up with 7 OL and 12 CBs that year...) all OL, DL and TE recruits got cut... set back some aspects of my recruiting by 2 years having to compensate...

While I'm not glad to hear that you have gone through the craziness that you have, its at least good to know that its not just us that have wacky things happen every year...
Old 01-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Yeah and the broken 'transfers' item... had a guy cut his offseason roster down to like 54 one year... just like clockwork he got EIGHT transfers the next season... EIGHT. The transfers were better than ANY recruiting class could have been. If you leave your roster at the max 70 you'll never get a transfer, which is stupid.
Interesting. I was wondering why after three seasons I never had an incoming transfer request in my offline dynasty. Maybe I will pare my roster down and cut the dead weight to see if I can get some transfers to help me out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

One year me and another owner had the system NOT accept our position switches (I had a lot of CBs to switch to safeties etc..., OL lineman to manever etc...) so when we got to player cuts we had some walkons in those low positions... then it didn't accept the player cuts... so I bascially lost half my recruiting class in one year (ended up with 7 OL and 12 CBs that year...) all OL, DL and TE recruits got cut... set back some aspects of my recruiting by 2 years having to compensate...

While I'm not glad to hear that you have gone through the craziness that you have, its at least good to know that its not just us that have wacky things happen every year...
There is the same problem with good recruits.

If you don't fill positions the computer will give you some next season.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

My problem with the game isn't that you sometimes get kicked off their server, or maybe it lags on occasions etc. Those things happen. My problem with it is when those things happen, the game has little or no recourse to set things straight. You're just screwed. No local backup to be uploaded later, or some way to continue from your last OD save or whatever. Nope, you're just hosed. I love it when you get kicked off the EA server in the middle of a game (even "offline") and it will not let you back in no matter what. Results just gone. That happened to me last week. I was forced to sim the game and forgot to check injuries. The damn game took out my best defensive player for 8 weeks in the simmed game and I didn't notice until I'd advanced the OD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »