Home

OS Roundtable: Could Another Company Succeed with Another NCAA Football Game?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Could Another Company Succeed with Another NCAA Football Game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #17
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: OS Roundtable: Could Annother Company Succeed with Another NCAA Football Game?

I believe if another company started development when EA does, then yes. Because EA does nothing but mediocre improvements each year. I swear, for me, a true football player, the game is only enjoyable for at least two months. after that its like reading the same book over and over again. So I want to see what 2k sports can do with this
Old 01-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3
While this year's NCAA was a big step up from past NCAA games I still have to disagree because the gameplay still leaves alot to be desired. It looks nice and has the great ESPN presentation but when you strip it down it still plays very much the same as Madden (granted it doesn't have as many issues but it still is the same general interface and engine). Player's still don't feel like they're planting their feet and running and it still doesn't feel as though they're interacting with the environment around them quite the way they should be.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #19
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: OS Roundtable: Could Annother Company Succeed with Another NCAA Football Game?

It depends on what they are offering. If they don't offer online dynasty I'm not playing it. That stated the Online dynasty for NCAA 2011 is very very very broken they actually took a step back from last year even though thats not in the reviews because no one did a review of Online Dynasty mode. I enjoy the competition and the fact that I can say "we'll get them next year" or "wait until I get a running back". Knowing someone's play style and preparing for it. I love to compete.

This game makes everyone feel like they can play offense and thats what people want. But the Defense in this game is so great and at the same time so terrible it is absolutely staggering. A lot of other flaws and glitches but hey the game looks awesome! If only I cared. I jump ship in a minute if I got a chance to. I would remember the good old days though.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #20
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
the answer is no to the round table's question. 2k tried a college football game and it sucked their engine is for pro football. Why cant people just see that EA is doing a great job with the NCAA series. Yes it took a little step back jumping to this gen but they have improved it every year and this year they succeeded the last gen. Yes some features are missing like a spring game but some other features people clamor for aren't feasible by the NCAA. the fact remains NCAA is a better football game than Madden and im sure they get less money to do so.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #21
Banned

simgaming's Arena

OVR: 3
I agree with each and every one of the comments here but I think it's much better to swim with the current than against it. We can continue to beat the dead horse that is EA v. 2K, but it won't bring simulation football any closer to us. Madden will sell 'til the end of time because casual gamers know the name and regardless of whether they know a lick of what real football is they will continue to buy it. I've been an advocate of 2Ks for years now. Countless posts and screen names later I've decided to change up my style.

In the coming months, rather than posting about all the different ways EA misrepresents football and speculate how 2K would do so much better, I will be offering up the best solutions for them to make the game a sim gamers paradise and more importantly actually reflect what we see on Sundays. The ideas will be very detailed and with the members here I'm sure they could be polished into even better solutions. All the solutions/fixes I will be blogging about will be things that can be done under Madden's rating (numerical) based system and are systems that have already succeeded in other sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #22
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: OS Roundtable: Could Another Company Succeed with Another NCAA Football Game?

For me it's a no, simply because two of my favorite features of NCAA are Online Dynasty Wire and Importing Draft Classes to Madden. A new company may eventually be able to get an Online Dynasty Wire type deal similar to NCAA 11's but, I bet it would take them a few years to get anything near as good as NCAA 11. Also, since Madden is the only Pro game on the market then (at least for the next for years) NCAA is the only game were you can Export you Draft Classes. With those two crucial features missing and gameplay getting better by the year then, I don't see where there's room for another game in the market. Just my .02

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 01-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: OS Roundtable: Could Another Company Succeed with Another NCAA Football Game?

YES and so could EA if they just listen up to Their Community!

listen this game could be so much more "IN DEPTH" in every aspect every year. offline dynasty( tons of threads with ideas) online dynasty( have a set of rules options) campus legend ( just boring now been the same since 07.)

We get stuff left out they put into madden 2 years ago. Coaches, pre game animation, halftime show, dreads, etc..

Here 1 example; why not add HS juniors to recruit ( a small pool of recruits) all you can do is call them, therefore there is actuall a reason for you to be on there INTEREST list at the beginning of their senior season and not just bama, ohio, an uf for every1.

LET'S HEAR IT FOR LISTENING!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #24
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I think it another company could if they had deep pockets to heavily market it. EA is a household name, along the lines of Call of Duty. People will always flock to it.

But it can be done.......I would really like to see Sony studios get back to making football games. Back in the day 989 Sports, which is now Sony studios, was the only company that gave EA any real competition in college football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »