Home

I'm getting worried about NCAA 12 because...

This is a discussion on I'm getting worried about NCAA 12 because... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: I'm getting worried about NCAA 12 because...

even with all the sliders I still cant have a single game without some sort of BS happening. Idc if theres more details and graphics and things, I just want better gameplay!
Old 01-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #10
Rookie

slingstone's Arena

Given their massive resources, I don't see any reason why EA can't do both. I'd say I fall more into the gameplay camp, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see the pretty stuff, too. As many have said, I believe EA could do with some competition. I think it might force them to make NCAA and Madden into the deep, immersive, dynasty- and coaching-friendly experiences that initially hooked me on those games.

Oh, and bring it back to the PC so people can mod it if you screw it up as usual, EA.

Oh, and since I'm old and not as great with the hand-eye coordination anymore...bring back coach mode. That was the most fun that a armchair coach could have without a woman.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:57 PM   #11
Rookie

Bengals28's Arena

OVR: 4

I just want the DBs to not run my recievers routes before they do. I hate that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #12
Rookie

slingstone's Arena

It's funny, but when my roommate played with sliders, that happened even more than it already did! Oddly, it left the D more vulnerable to sudden momentum changes, though, like hook and drag routes. Try to fix it and it just breaks another way!

Old 01-30-2011, 07:57 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 10

Maybe I'm just seeing things differently because I don't actually "play", I do CPU vs. CPU. :P And sorry guys, I just got a little annoyed because c;mon, little things like putting the bands in the game would be cool. And I was reading the Facebook thing that EA wanted to hear locations of marching bands to put in the game, and I was reading comments. The big majority was to fix gameplay... And people kept saying crap like "This is BS" and I'm like idk what their talking about because my games are fine..but like I said mine are CPU vs. CPU. I guess I'm always going to be in the minority lol
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 01-30-2011, 08:08 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingstone
Given their massive resources, I don't see any reason why EA can't do both. I'd say I fall more into the gameplay camp, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see the pretty stuff, too. As many have said, I believe EA could do with some competition. I think it might force them to make NCAA and Madden into the deep, immersive, dynasty- and coaching-friendly experiences that initially hooked me on those games.

Oh, and bring it back to the PC so people can mod it if you screw it up as usual, EA.

Oh, and since I'm old and not as great with the hand-eye coordination anymore...bring back coach mode. That was the most fun that a armchair coach could have without a woman.
BTW....you DO know that there IS coach mode in NCAA 11....right???? I mean, they have auto-pass if that's what you meant... You just go to controls, and if it isn't on, then turn it on...
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 01-30-2011, 03:48 PM   #15
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdude2004
Maybe I'm just seeing things differently because I don't actually "play", I do CPU vs. CPU. :P And sorry guys, I just got a little annoyed because c;mon, little things like putting the bands in the game would be cool. And I was reading the Facebook thing that EA wanted to hear locations of marching bands to put in the game, and I was reading comments. The big majority was to fix gameplay... And people kept saying crap like "This is BS" and I'm like idk what their talking about because my games are fine..but like I said mine are CPU vs. CPU. I guess I'm always going to be in the minority lol
I don't see why people give you crap for wanting something in a game. We all have our different expectations when it comes to a game, if that's what you want then by all means push for it. I prefer gameplay to be better, but it does need some more atmosphere.

Like someone said before, who's to say that they can't work on both?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #16
Rookie

slingstone's Arena

dxdude, you're right. I guess I could supersim games if I wanted. I haven't played with that interface, yet. Thanks for pointing out my blind spot...lol

I still would like to have it set up like the coach mode in the last Madden PC game, though (2008). Some friends of mine and I (all old guys) had some pretty great franchises back in the day. Once we used some of the slider sets, we got to a pretty realistic simulation. Teams would rise and fall, scores were believable, etc. Of course, we would coach the opposition teams against whoever's game was up, which made for some real chess matches.

Ah, memories...

I think I'm gonna try a dynasty in this vein and see what happens. AI on AI with players pulling the strings might end up being a better experience for an old fart like me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »