Home

I'm getting worried about NCAA 12 because...

This is a discussion on I'm getting worried about NCAA 12 because... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2011, 10:00 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: I'm getting worried about NCAA 12 because...

I always get this feeling that everyone wants "the perfect game" every year. Maybe people put expectations too high. The xbox 360 is a complex machine after all... :P (sorry I'm typing this while having parents on my back telling me to do something else >.>)
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #26
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I have so many issues with NCAA's gameplay, an outside observer would probably think I hate the game if I listed them all. NCAA 11 doesn't actually play like real football(as odd as that sounds, it's till far too arcadish, it's like at need for speed levels of realism), it's getting there, but still has miles to go.
I don't know, I mean... I love football on all levels. I'm a huge sports fanatic, and have been for a long time. This game plays pretty realistic with sliders.

Which game would you like to be more similar to? In other words, what is the most realistic football game you've played?
Old 02-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #27
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynShadowzz
I don't know, I mean... I love football on all levels. I'm a huge sports fanatic, and have been for a long time. This game plays pretty realistic with sliders.

Which game would you like to be more similar to? In other words, what is the most realistic football game you've played?
I can't consider NCAA 11 realistic, there's just too many aspects that make me scratch my head and wonder what they were thinking when developing the game, like that they though it was acceptable for CB's to mirror routes, for LB's to jump a mile high, for CPU to actually know your playcall, and on and on and on, and that's just the gameplay portion.

Considering that NFL 2k5 is still the standard bearer for gameplay in football games, I'd have to say I'd like to see the game play more like that. But Honestly, I don't want EA to mimic 2k5, I just want them to not screw up the fundamentals of football, in a football game, which they haven't successfully managed in 5 years. We shouldn't have to dread calling zone coverage because our defenders don't actually react in their zone, or have passing routes over the middle be the only real viable passing option by this point. I don't care what the stats say at the end of the game, this game does not play realistically at all.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 02-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #28
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynShadowzz

No offense, but if you honestly think that NCAA 11 plays realistically than you don't know much about football.

Just off the top of my head I can tell you that line interactions are completely nonsensical, pass blocking is unrealistic, run blocking is a bit better than pass blocking but still horrible compared to NFL 2k5, zone coverage is completely broken, man coverage out of 425/335 is completely broken and it's not much better in other sets, power running is broken, shotgun running is broken, PA is broken, passing is unrealistic, kick/punt blocking is virtually impossible, and I'm sure I could think of many more.

NCAA 11 is good for what it is, and that is an arcade football game. But to say that it is a realistic sim is completely absurd.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #29
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

I know quite a bit about football. Maybe I'm just expecting what I expect from NCAA. This is the game I expected, because it's like all of the other NCAA's in that it has it's really great points and it's misses. In the end though, I have fun with it and the stats seem pretty normal to me.

Dual threat QB's.. yeah, that needs to be fixed. No doubt. Zone coverage, yeah.. needs some fixing.

Maybe my idea of sim is just different. I'm a freak for realism, believe me. It does bother me when I play an Auburn and have Cam Newton run 3 or 4 times max. However, it just hasn't bothered me like it has quite a few people around here.

I guess I have lower standards, but I really enjoy this game.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #30
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

OVR: 1
How can you be a "freak for realism" when by your own admission you have low standards in regards realism?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #31
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

the cpu play calling logic needs an overhaul, and some of the passing physics are a little shotty. I have completely stopped throwing flag routes in user games because 95% of the time they are user picked even though i am aiming over and out so that only the receiver can get it, or it goes out of bounds, but it always ends up short and gets picked. To me this is a major flaw in the passing physics of the game, if your going to put something like that in the game, make sure it works properly. The only other thing I can think of would be positional sliders(a slider-heads version of a wet dream).

Oh and this one is for O-Dogg, DREADS!......lol hope they put this one in for ya buddy!

Edit:FYI, this type of thread is going to attract trollers, i hope staff is watching closely as this seems to be a thread about what people want in 12, not a thread for people to bash others opinions of what they think is flawed and would like to see corrected. Please people keep on topic.

Last edited by IIx Nautica xII; 02-01-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #32
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

Quote:
How can you be a "freak for realism" when by your own admission you have low standards in regards realism?
I'm saying I have low standards compared to you guys. I came to OS because I wanted to find out what other people were doing with the game. I'm not a "community gamer" who's in-tune with every video game and how they work. I'm just amazed that a lot of people find this game so irritating, yet continue to play. I know that as far as college football goes, this is your only option. However, I'm not sure why everyone is so shocked that something is out-of-whack... Every video game I've ever played has some flaws, but I expect that. I just don't consider these major flaws. I've adjusted to them, and the game plays fine for me.

What does bother me is the lack of attention paid to the game by EA or whomever controls the updates. I just wish they would stay with it through it's run and continue to update the game until the very last second of it's meaningful existence (when NCAA 12 comes out).

The problem is the licensing, and the fact that EA/Tiburon doesn't have to worry about making a better game. It has 0 competition, and 0 reason to improve.

What's worrisome about competition however, is the fact that game developers seem to pander to the "common gamer."
Instead of making a more realistic game, they'll make a game with stupid modes like "ERIN ANDREWS TOUCHES YOUR VIRTUAL JUNK IF YOU THROW FOR 1,000 YARDS IN ONE MASCOT MASHUP GAME" or "John Saunders lunch-buffet mode - See how much food your linemen can eat without puking."

Like I said, I want the most realistic game I can get. Is this it? No. Did I think it would be? Of course not. Can it be better? Yes.
I'm not holding my breath for NCAA 12 either, because ultimately, it's going to be the same game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »