Home

Banning 4-5 WR in Online Dynasty?

This is a discussion on Banning 4-5 WR in Online Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2011, 02:14 AM   #25
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Banning 4-5 WR in Online Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
Anyone who has any clue how to play the game will pick apart cover 2 man.
That why you don't run it all game. Au165 is absolutly correct cov 2 man out of Dime 3-2-6 and quarters will shut down 4 and 5 wide. If a person recognize you are in man; how bout calling man and right b4 the snap audible to a zone. Just switch it up.

People always cry cheese when someone calls the same play when in truth there are no money plays. There is a way to stop every play on the game but you have to be willing to use your total defense playbook. Could it be more robust. Yea. But there are def ways to stop people given what you have. Problem is people wait till they get under fire to try new stuff then when it don't work; they say the play can't be stopped.

Running the same play is sim. I coach HS football in Georgia and believe me if we run a play and we see you can't stop it. Guess what!? We are about to run that **** down your throat all game. Offensely or Defensively. And any other team across this country will do the same. Hell one game last year we ran Counter Trap 20 times cuz of how poorly the other team defense was aligned. We lost in the playoff cuz we couldn't stop read option out of trips. So they kept running it. The reason why you don't see it much on TV is b/c someone is getting paid as a DC to stop a offense, so if my job is on the line; i'm going to figure out how to stop 4 wide. The only reason anybody mixes it up is to throw the defense off b/c the defense has shown that they know how to stop them.

So don't ban the formations. Football is a chess match. There are so many non sim aspect of real life football that its not even funny. If you think its chesse or BS. Get in the lab and figure out how to stop it and prove its BS. Its much more rewarding. If not, just except the fact that the AI my not be all that broken; it could just be your scheme.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
That why you don't run it all game. Au165 is absolutly correct cov 2 man out of Dime 3-2-6 and quarters will shut down 4 and 5 wide. If a person recognize you are in man; how bout calling man and right b4 the snap audible to a zone. Just switch it up.
Well I agree with you in mixing it up is how you stop most explosive offenses. I don't agree with the blankest statement of Cover 2 man shuts down 4 and 5 wide. Unless your have Alabama or some A+ defensive team with all 90OVR corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165
I beg to differ
Are you on 360? GamerTag?
Old 02-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 0

my gamer tag is same as name. I may be able to play later, but I have to coach tonight so I may not be on untill late.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #28
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo

People always cry cheese when someone calls the same play when in truth there are no money plays. There is a way to stop every play on the game but you have to be willing to use your total defense playbook. Could it be more robust. Yea. But there are def ways to stop people given what you have. Problem is people wait till they get under fire to try new stuff then when it don't work; they say the play can't be stopped.

Running the same play is sim. I coach HS football in Georgia and believe me if we run a play and we see you can't stop it. Guess what!? We are about to run that **** down your throat all game. Offensely or Defensively. And any other team across this country will do the same. Hell one game last year we ran Counter Trap 20 times cuz of how poorly the other team defense was aligned. We lost in the playoff cuz we couldn't stop read option out of trips. So they kept running it. The reason why you don't see it much on TV is b/c someone is getting paid as a DC to stop a offense, so if my job is on the line; i'm going to figure out how to stop 4 wide. The only reason anybody mixes it up is to throw the defense off b/c the defense has shown that they know how to stop them.

So don't ban the formations. Football is a chess match. There are so many non sim aspect of real life football that its not even funny. If you think its chesse or BS. Get in the lab and figure out how to stop it and prove its BS. Its much more rewarding. If not, just except the fact that the AI my not be all that broken; it could just be your scheme.

Great Post!!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 34

This might be the silliest thing I have ever heard.

I think gamers sometimes are just flat lazy.

There are things that are harder to stop then others, both from a schematic standpoint, a SIM but are certainly defendable, with some practice.

Rather then cry foul over certain formations or plays, we'd be all better served by eating a piece of humble pie, and trying to get better.

I cant imagine being in a league where I cant run a Run and Shoot offense, because a guy doesnt know how to deal with 4 wide recievers, trips and trio.

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 02-02-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
ie create-a-play. I still dabble in HC09. If EA could port over that play creater system, update it with spread read option plays, 4-2-5 ect for college. I love watching NFL Playbook then going in and trying to design the defensive play I just saw.

Everyone knows the most common abused plays online in NCAA. It wouldn't take to long for guys to design schemes that stop that crap.

Also, we need to have the option to shade our DB's inside/outside, sit on short routes or play over the top on deep ones. Improving pass defense should be a huge priority for 12.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Agree..that and the ability to shell coverages are needed additions...that way we can at least force WR's into safety help, depending on the scheme.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #31
MVP

Sorry..lol...but another thing that I notice, is that people seem to want some super blanket coverage to exist.

They want to be able to have the deep middle covered, and the deep out, as well, as the slot stick, adn the drag.

Well, football doesnt work like that.

You take away something, you give something else up.

Something, somewhere is going to be open..its just a matter of what you are willing to concede and when.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #32
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
Well I agree with you in mixing it up is how you stop most explosive offenses. I don't agree with the blankest statement of Cover 2 man shuts down 4 and 5 wide. Unless your have Alabama or some A+ defensive team with all 90OVR corners.
Well i wasn't saying use it as a blanket coverage every time u see 4 wide( but most time u can lol) b/c you can get killed using that play just like any other play; if someone knows what they are doing. But it is a play that can stop some strategies people use when in 4 wide along with other plays. What i am saying is that as a gamer i need to know what defensive plays work against certain offensive plays and then from there try to call the best game I can. But if I don't take the time to try and figure it out and just call cheese b/c I don't know. Thats just being lazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »