Home

Senior Bowl Watch this guy Hankerson

This is a discussion on Senior Bowl Watch this guy Hankerson within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9
Senior Bowl Watch this guy Hankerson

Leonard Hankerson is a wide receiver just finished his last season at University of Miami. He had over 1,000 yards and 13 touchdowns. He has broken records of great Miami WR's like Andre Johnson and Michael Irving. He runs a 4.5 40 time. He's not huge but he has good size 6' 2" 205 Pounds. He is not the greatest athlete so how does this guy get open.

ROUTE RUNNING. He can't be covered one on one. His route running is too good. He's strong enough to get off the jam and his routes allow him to get separation. A friend of mine says look at this guy Hankerson. Every year he gets better and better because he keeps improving his route running. I want to see this in NCAA 2012.

I went to UCF when Brandon Marshall was there. He couldn't be covered either and he only ran curls and out routes. No one heard about him until he destroyed these guys in the senior bowl.

Hankerson comes from a pro-style system with a full route tree and he is almost always outmatched athletically by the cornerback lined up against him. Yet he continues to get open. Look at the company he keeps on the record books at Miami.

Great WR's who are not the greatest athletes have normally have great catch in traffic, great spectacular catch, and great route running. It should be a MUST for any possession WR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
Banned

devinewon's Arena

Re: Senior Bowl Watch this guy Hankerson

Almost Prophetic.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinewon
Leonard Hankerson is a wide receiver just finished his last season at University of Miami. He had over 1,000 yards and 13 touchdowns. He has broken records of great Miami WR's like Andre Johnson and Michael Irving. He runs a 4.5 40 time. He's not huge but he has good size 6' 2" 205 Pounds. He is not the greatest athlete so how does this guy get open.

ROUTE RUNNING. He can't be covered one on one. His route running is too good. He's strong enough to get off the jam and his routes allow him to get separation. A friend of mine says look at this guy Hankerson. Every year he gets better and better because he keeps improving his route running. I want to see this in NCAA 2012.

I went to UCF when Brandon Marshall was there. He couldn't be covered either and he only ran curls and out routes. No one heard about him until he destroyed these guys in the senior bowl.

Hankerson comes from a pro-style system with a full route tree and he is almost always outmatched athletically by the cornerback lined up against him. Yet he continues to get open. Look at the company he keeps on the record books at Miami.

Great WR's who are not the greatest athletes have normally have great catch in traffic, great spectacular catch, and great route running. It should be a MUST for any possession WR.
And those ratings must make a difference, too. Its something thats hard to be displayed in ratings. But there are alot of not-as-athletic receivers who get downfield well and make all these catches. I'm a Giants fan, and look at Hakeem Nicks. His 40 wasn't anything fantastic, and he's like 6-foot-1 or 6-foot-2. Not too big. But look at the catches he makes! He also seems to get open. There are alot of guys who just can't be covered, and EA really needs to work on transferring this to the game well.

Although, if youve ever played with a WR with high 90's catching and route running ratings, it is fun. You basically just throw it his way and he comes down with it one handed every time.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:54 PM   #4
Rookie

RColemanVT's Arena

OVR: 2

Hankerson is very good. I'm glad we won't be having to deal with him anymore.

He was at least 50% of the reason the media hyped Jacory Harris up so much
Old 01-30-2011, 01:27 AM   #5
Banned

devinewon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RColemanVT
Hankerson is very good. I'm glad we won't be having to deal with him anymore.

He was at least 50% of the reason the media hyped Jacory Harris up so much
You notice that he throws a lot of the interceptions to Travis Benjamin and a lot of Touchdowns to Hankerson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 02:16 AM   #6
Rookie

RColemanVT's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
You notice that he throws a lot of the interceptions to Travis Benjamin and a lot of Touchdowns to Hankerson.
Benjamin has the worst stone hands I have ever seen. Troy Williamson was better at catching passes.

I think Benjamin dropped 2 passes on one three and out against us this year, one of them would have been a walk in TD too
Old 01-30-2011, 02:52 AM   #7
Banned

simgaming's Arena

OVR: 3

Hankerson would go up for the ball when Jacory threw up a duck. Benjamin would just watch the D pick it off. Coaches had to get at him in practice every week.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Raw-Cane's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

Dat!!!!!!!!!! Its all about the U!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »