Home

There is a button for that.

This is a discussion on There is a button for that. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: There is a button for that.

Question check out this link to a game. watch the int's what determines if the game just flows along like this and when it stops flips sides with the animation. is there a trick to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qLZx...layer_embedded
Old 02-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #10
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

[quote=the veteran;2042085007]That has to do with your lack of player control not any shortcoming of the game.

So in tight coverage, pressing Y to intercept the pass, and the player going into a computer-generated motion is my fault, right?
Old 02-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #11
Rookie

[quote=orangeafroman;2042086249]
Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
That has to do with your lack of player control not any shortcoming of the game.

So in tight coverage, pressing Y to intercept the pass, and the player going into a computer-generated motion is my fault, right?
Wait what? You make no sense. Of course pressing the button will make your player go into an animation. But which animation is dictated by how you position the CB and when you hit the button.

Will the animation be your DB reaching down by the WR's ankles? No, only if you have poor user control and no timing to your button press. If only more people would get in the lab and figure things out 25% of the complaints on this site wouldn't ever be posted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #12

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

How do you know the CPU doesn't use the game plan stuff?

They very noticeably are aggressive at times on the DL and they also use the Tempo game plan from time to time.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 02-04-2011, 02:28 AM   #13
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
How do you know the CPU doesn't use the game plan stuff?

They very noticeably are aggressive at times on the DL and they also use the Tempo game plan from time to time.
Oh they definitely use it. Last year you could tell because after an interception you could see that they had there zones on agressive.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:38 AM   #14
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinewon
Agressive D-Line? There is a button for that. Jump Snap.

Big Hit? Hit Stick.

Strip Ball. Strip Ball

Pass Coverage? Hit swat to swat and hit catch to catch.
And if you're using player lock?
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #15
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
And if you're using player lock?
Player lock is a liability. The defense is just too bad. But I understand your reasoning. I wonder how many people use player lock?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #16
Rookie

davemay135's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinewon
Lets talk about the game plan which was implemented so that the game can do things for you.

You can turn on conservative ball carry and guys will break less tackles, but fumble less. Do you know how you fumble less? Cover Ball. There is a button for that. The only exception is the QB in the pocket.

Agressive D-Line? There is a button for that. Jump Snap.

Big Hit? Hit Stick.

Strip Ball. Strip Ball

Pass Coverage? Hit swat to swat and hit catch to catch.

I don't mind Hold block. But we can remove the one that calls the clipping penalty.

I don't mind Aggressive or Conservative zones.

But we as a community have to start taking the power out of the computers hands and simply say. Its okay, there's a button for that.
True enough, but for example if I'm rushing the QB and, despite my best efforts, he actually gets the ball out of his hand, I need my D to know I want them to actually try to catch the ball (which they still only do a third of the time in Agressive). Also, often I have to cycle players a few times to be the one that actually brings the ballcarrier down, and many times I don't make it, I'll cycle to someone behind the play. And then there's the times I cycle with the assumption I'll be one guy and I'll end up being another guy on the opposite side and the inputs I had in take me out of the play and the guy goes on to run all the way to the end zone. Sorry, got off on a rant. But the point is, I need my D to react a desired way since I may not be in an immediate position to do what I want.

I usually have the O balanced since I end up controlling the ballcarrier. I've had decent success with hanging onto the ball with R1, but a few times, usually in key situations, I get stripped anyway. It was mentioned in another forum that pressing forward with the right stick increases the likelihood of fumbling, but the times that happens are rare and the 2 yards I get out of falling forward are usually worth it. The only things I touch in gameplan on offense are the tempo, depending if I'm ahead or behind, and route running. If I do blocking or holding or ball security, it usually bites me.

Rock Chalk Chickenhawk - F KU!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »