Home

Linebacker U

This is a discussion on Linebacker U within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Linebacker U

This may sound weird but anyone know a way to make them have more of an impact?After several recruiting classes I usually have a great defense year in and out from a certain point and the defensive stats are usually pretty even but i want my linebackers to standout. Im thinking if i go for more cover defensive backs and lesser skilled linemen my linebackers stats would increase? Or would a change in defense help i usually use a 4-3
OKC Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Linebacker U

Honestly, with the large amount of pass first teams going spread, the only effective way to get your linebackers more stats is to play as them yourself. Still, you spend so much of the season in nickel/dime, it's still hard to get an LB over 100 tackles unless you play as him. I play as my MLB in a 3-4 scheme and regularly get him 120ish tackles a season...however my OLBs' stats suffer from him taking so many of the tackles.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

If you have great Middle linebacker in a 3-4 you can really do damage. the contain in this game is really poor so you ned to run a 3-4 because its the best way to keep contain and funnel the tackles to your MLB.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:51 AM   #4
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

I have notice the tackle stats are still off this year. For one there are too many assisted tackles. No one will have 30 solo for a season and 75 assited tackles. It doesn't work like that it usually the other way around. But the real propblem is that even though they count Total tackles correctly (Solo+Assited). When LB's are up for awards they only use solos as the bench mark for tackles which keeps some star LB's off the list b/c they have inflated Assited tackles and not enough solo tackles.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #5
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
In my offline dynasty, while I was w/ TCU I was playing w/ some of the absolute best defenses I've ever played w/ in a football game. I also recruit looking at specific attributes. For linebackers it's:

Block shedding
Play Recognition
Tackling
Zone Coverage
Hit Power
Acceleration

Everything else is bonus, and I would play as my safeties most times and my LB's were beast! Intercepting passes, getting sacks, everything.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #6

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I had a beast 3-star LB named Mark Richards in my dynasty. He came in as a 78 and left as an 84, but played much better than his ratings. He registered double digit tackles in his first game as a freshman and I knew I had a special player. It was very noticeable how often he was in on plays. His PRC rating was off the charts.

One of the things he did well was work as a pass rusher in my dime defense.

He was my 4-3 OLB, my Nickle OLB, and my Dime DE. I called him the "SLASH" linebacker. He won two Nagurskis, one Bednarik, and one Butkus during his stay before leaving early.

Freshman Year: OLB Mark Richards (fr) - 96 total tackles, 24 tackles for loss, 10 sacks, 3 interceptions, 1 td

Sophomore Year: OLB Mark Richards (so) - 82 total tackles, 22 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, 3 interceptions, 1 safety

Junior Year: OLB Mark Richards (jr) - 83 total tackles, 23 tackles for loss, 11 sacks, 1 interception, 3 fumble recoveries

------------

The attributes you look for when recruiting need to be: TAK, PRC, PUR, STR, MCV, and ZCV. SPD is a plus, but Richards had only a 4.58 40-time (82 speed).

If all of these are at least in the B range with maybe one C, you have yourself a stud.

I hadn't had a player like that before his time at Tulane, and so far, none of his replacements has lit it up quite like he has from his first day on campus. That's when you know you've had a special player.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 02-02-2011, 12:58 AM   #7
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I had a beast 3-star LB named Mark Richards in my dynasty. He came in as a 78 and left as an 84, but played much better than his ratings. He registered double digit tackles in his first game as a freshman and I knew I had a special player. It was very noticeable how often he was in on plays. His PRC rating was off the charts.

One of the things he did well was work as a pass rusher in my dime defense.

He was my 4-3 OLB, my Nickle OLB, and my Dime DE. I called him the "SLASH" linebacker. He won two Nagurskis, one Bednarik, and one Butkus during his stay before leaving early.

Freshman Year: OLB Mark Richards (fr) - 96 total tackles, 24 tackles for loss, 10 sacks, 3 interceptions, 1 td

Sophomore Year: OLB Mark Richards (so) - 82 total tackles, 22 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, 3 interceptions, 1 safety

Junior Year: OLB Mark Richards (jr) - 83 total tackles, 23 tackles for loss, 11 sacks, 1 interception, 3 fumble recoveries

------------

The attributes you look for when recruiting need to be: TAK, PRC, PUR, STR, MCV, and ZCV. SPD is a plus, but Richards had only a 4.58 40-time (82 speed).

If all of these are at least in the B range with maybe one C, you have yourself a stud.

I hadn't had a player like that before his time at Tulane, and so far, none of his replacements has lit it up quite like he has from his first day on campus. That's when you know you've had a special player.
That sucks that he left as a junoir only being 84 OVR. I like to import my draft classes to madden and the guys that leave early that are under 90 never even make it in the draft class no matter how stellar their career.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #8

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
That sucks that he left as a junoir only being 84 OVR. I like to import my draft classes to madden and the guys that leave early that are under 90 never even make it in the draft class no matter how stellar their career.
I don't play Madden so this doesn't really concern me. Plus I have a rule in my dynasty and I always have - I won't stop a player from leaving to go to the NFL early.

In real life, a player with those stats and all those awards would most certainly leave. It would have felt somewhat fake having him in his senior season knowing his background.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »