Home

Recruiting tips for veteran dynasty players

This is a discussion on Recruiting tips for veteran dynasty players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Recruiting tips for veteran dynasty players

First time poster here looking for tips and also willing to let a few of mine known to the world.

I would first like to start by saying these tips aren't for the Ohio State's, Alabama's, Florida's of the world. Let's be honest if you are like me and like building a team from the ground up, how can you take advice from people who use 6 star programs from the jump? You can't. I read the 38 page long "recruiting" thread and while there was good information in there, nothing that stands out to me and my my fellow dynasty veterans (except for the last couple posts about 1-2 star fullbacks coming in with decent ratings). So without further ado:

I'm currently in an online dynasty with a friend, been doing them with the same friend since OD started. In this particular dynasty I'm Washington State and he is Illinois. Keep in mind we simulate every game, playing the games and easily beating the AI is a sort of "cheap" way of helping you recruit and plus we both have lives and no way can we play the games. This is a sim dynasty only and of course on Heisman recruiting. So what tips do I have that maybe different from others? Here goes:

1. Defensive Ends. I have ran a few test runs and have many seasons under the belt so I can tell you with ONE HUNDRED percent certainty there is a way of finding good 3* defensive ends. Obviously you can't be a 2* school and compete with Alabama and USC for the 5* studs right? Then your 3* DE comes in at a 62 or something like that. Here is a way to find that diamond in the rough. Look for 3* DE's who run a 4.7 forty or faster AND have a bench press over 400lbs. YES THEY MUST MEET BOTH REQUIREMENTS. These DE's will come in mid 70's at worst guaranteed. Don't worry if you are N/A still try to recruit them. It is usually good when the 3* DE has USC or similar programs in their top 5 because they usually won't recruit them. I have countless times been able to land these type of DE's that I started out N/A on.

2. Outside linebackers. Ran a couple test runs on them and I'm pretty sure I have it down (though not with the certainty of defensive ends). Same rules apply, I'm only talking 3* OLB's here because that's all you/I can land if you are a 2* program. From what I have seen ignore 40 times at this position. They are just something pretty to look at. A bench press over 400lbs and a squat over 550 lbs and from what I have seen the stronger the squat the better the recruit BUT MUST BENCH OVER 400. These players usually come in the mid 70's as well.

3. Cornerbacks. Did only one test on corners so this isn't official and I can update later if I find something, but from what I can tell the corners have to be in the 4'4's or better and bench over 250. But don't quote me on it because I'm still in the "testing" stages.

That's as far as I have gotten with the positions so far. Do any of you have any tips like this? If you do please share them and I'll continue to update other things as well. Here is a few more tidbits:

* IF you are in a sim dynasty only recruit QB's for their awareness. Any QB with awareness under a "C" stay away from. You will notice that your QB's completion percentage will be better the more aware he is. I recommend signing at least one QB per year with C awareness or better. DON'T BE STUCK WITH A DUMMY AT QB! You will most likely have a 4-8 type season

*That midseason bye game, get rid of it. Schedule a bye for earlier in the year or later in the year because that midseason bye game is going to kill your recruiting. I recommend a home game against a mid major as it seems you progress more with recruits after home victories more than anything else.

Well that's it for now, I know it is a long read but I hope it helped at least one of you out there. And like I said if you have some real live tips, please share them here!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Recruiting tips for veteran dynasty players

Interesting finds. I'll have to try them out because it's hard for me to compete with Miss St in my OD. There's only three people in this dynasty. My two friends use LSU and Ole Miss. LSU is easily better than both of us but, competing against Ole Miss is tough too. Mainly because they are better than us in almost all recruiting aspects. Also, Miss St only has Ole Miss as a rival so, there goes that promise but, I digress....

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 01-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Interesting finds. I'll have to try them out because it's hard for me to compete with Miss St in my OD. There's only three people in this dynasty. My two friends use LSU and Ole Miss. LSU is easily better than both of us but, competing against Ole Miss is tough too. Mainly because they are better than us in almost all recruiting aspects. Also, Miss St only has Ole Miss as a rival so, there goes that promise but, I digress....
You can find those DE/OLB anywhere in the country just put a few on your board and recruit them hard. You will be sure to land at least 1 or 2. Remember to make sure they are 3* recruits though, you don't want to compete with elite schools for prospects because they have better pitches than you. This is good way of improving the talent on your team position by position. I have some other tips that might be able to help you out but not completely certain they will work (did for me though)
Old 02-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Starting with a small school and building them up in my OD I found that:

-STR and BLK shedding are good for against the run but high Power and Finesse move are the most important for pass rushers. SPD is good overall and helps with both of course.

-Man and Zone cover ratings are more important than SPD, AGI, ACC. A corner may be slow but he will stick to a WR like glue with high cover ratings. Having a good Press rating is great as well if you like to jam a lot.

-At most positions talent is interchangeable (OT > OG > C or OLB > MLB or TE > FB) except for a wide receivers. Wide receiver is the hardest position to find top talent in because the talent pool is smaller. There might not be many good corners in a class but it's possible to find a good FS who can play corner; many ATH can play HB but not many make good WR's. The large majority of wide receivers in this game come in with such poor hands that I always go for a top WR if I have a chance at one.

-Fullbacks go fast so if need one make sure he's on your board early.

-JUCO's are a Godsend to lower programs who can't get top talent. I lived off of JUCO Jr's for my first couple of seasons. Even better once you start to get talent you can start redshirting for maximum results!

Let me know how my observations work out for you!
Old 02-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
-Fullbacks go fast so if need one make sure he's on your board early.
I ignore them and usually recruit TE's. They are money in my offense and if I have a TE that comes in with an extremely low awareness rating I move him to FB immediately, and he usually becomes pretty solid because his awareness rating doesn't take a hit that hard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10

I never recruit DTs and OTs early just because a lot are available late. Also, a sleeper in recruiting is 1 star Mid Tenn St. they can rake in 3-4 star recruits.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Slider2
I never recruit DTs and OTs early just because a lot are available late. Also, a sleeper in recruiting is 1 star Mid Tenn St. they can rake in 3-4 star recruits.
Not sure I agree with the with your OT observation. 5* offensive linemen usually go really fast so they are one of the first I recruit. But overall since all offensive linemen positions are interchangeable you do you have a lot to choose from.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:00 AM   #8
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

How do you 40 times and weight numbers? All I see is grades?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »