Home

What do you think the dev. team will focus on in 12

This is a discussion on What do you think the dev. team will focus on in 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #9
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What do you think the dev. team will focus on in 12

If it is not dynasty mode then I'm out. I have played/bought this game since NCAA 98 and they are slowly losing a loyal fan of the game. The dynasty mode has taken a nose dive since NCAA 06. While they may change a small thing here or there the mode has been the same. In NCAA 11 it is lifeless and not worth playing longer then 3-4 years into it. I just hope they see that this is a mode people play and it needs some major work.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #10
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

I don't care what anyone says gameplay should come first over anything...

Edit: I agree dynasty could be alot better but some people never play dynasty mode.. As for gameplay it's the foundation of the game and everybody has to deal with it so it should come first IMO...

Last edited by 1GATOR FAN; 02-02-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #11
Rookie

TheBauerHour's Arena

From the looks of it, their main focus is the band locations in the stands
Could you imagine that being highlighted on the back on the game case as the MAIN feature?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #12
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Wouldn't put it past EA...
Old 02-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #13
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Considering all the community hype and the NC matchup, I expect dual-threat QB's to be a main focus. I guarantee you, EA will reference this in their promotions somehow.

That is the only meaningful difference I expect them to make. I'm sure they'll throw all kinds of presentation filler; colored shoes, more detailed field goal nets, and extra wristbands, but dual threats will likely be the only main improvement.
Oh, gosh, I HOPE NOT! We all know that when EA features or implements something new, they blow it out of proportion the first year before getting it right in subsequent years. Jump the snap, home field advantage, impact players, etc. are all examples. If they feature dual-threat QB's, online mode will become a joke with all the cheesing that will be rewarded.

I would love to see EA fix bugs that have been in the game for years with the CPU game play. The CPU still almost automatically calls a fake punt on fourth down between the 50 and the opponent's 45, still calls timeouts too soon when they aren't necessary and this year the CPU was declining clipping penalties on punt returns. This kind of thing needs to be fixed before we get more bells and whistles that will be overblown anyway.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #14
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Spot on cheesing already is bad enough sometimes...

Edit: Although I did like that impact feature. You knew that player was you're go to guy and when he was in the zone getting him the ball was top priority. That being said I never played that game online so I don't how bad of a cheese it was...

Last edited by 1GATOR FAN; 02-02-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Locomotion is great, If properly implemented. I end up barely grazing one of my blockers and my HB comes to a complete stop, completely unrealistic.
100% agreed. Locomotion has a lot of potential and is a great way to introduce realistic movement, but it needs to be worked on. Not only do they need to make it more realistic, but they need to make it apply to the CPU as well. I hate the fact that a linebacker can cover ten yards in zone defense because they can move one direction and immediately jump back the opposite direction to cover a pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #16
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
Oh, gosh, I HOPE NOT! We all know that when EA features or implements something new, they blow it out of proportion the first year before getting it right in subsequent years. Jump the snap, home field advantage, impact players, etc. are all examples. If they feature dual-threat QB's, online mode will become a joke with all the cheesing that will be rewarded.

I would love to see EA fix bugs that have been in the game for years with the CPU game play. The CPU still almost automatically calls a fake punt on fourth down between the 50 and the opponent's 45, still calls timeouts too soon when they aren't necessary and this year the CPU was declining clipping penalties on punt returns. This kind of thing needs to be fixed before we get more bells and whistles that will be overblown anyway.
Well the dual-threat thing is more about the CPU not scrambling enough rather than them not being effective with the user.

I would love the main focus to be on cheese prevention, mainly with adaptive AI, but that will likely never happen. EA has never taken any steps against it since Fair Play in madden, which was foolish of them to get rid of.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »