Home

What do you think the dev. team will focus on in 12

This is a discussion on What do you think the dev. team will focus on in 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #25
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: What do you think the dev. team will focus on in 12

All i ask is that they produce a product that i will play from july-march and not get tired of it

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #26
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Honestly I'm not very optimistic about '12. I'm taking the "wait and see" approach this year.

'11 was pretty good and I enjoyed it, but it felt far from complete.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 02-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #27
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Here's all I gotta say lol...

QFT .
Old 02-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #28
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Here's all I gotta say lol...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
That caption is ridiculous.. if a kid has an IQ of 179, he should be getting academic scholarship money.

Off-topic I know, just have to defend athletic scholarships sometimes
Old 02-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #29
Rookie

TheBauerHour's Arena

OVR: 9

If the development team can fix the CPU recruiting and how the team's performance affects it, onfield AI, and find a practical use for RTG, whether it is changing it so it doesn't feel like a chore or scrapping it for more things to do with the game, the game should be substantially better.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:48 PM   #30
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

12 has to blow my mind. 11 was horrible for me. Eh, not just 11 but every game on this gen. 12 has to be a lot deeper. I only played 11 for a couple of weeks, because there was no feeling of reward after winning anything in dynasty. At least on last gen you got the magazines. haha.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:04 AM   #31
Rookie

cgraves45's Arena

OVR: 2

Honestly I don't care if they take a year off and figure out what they need to do to bring this game back to life. Right now it feels like they no longer actually care about putting out a quality product. I think they're just on a "big business cruise control". They know that they can still make money purely on their name so they do as little as possible and make up fancy names like "LOCOMOTION" for things that should be standards in football games now a days. Evidence of this would be: NBA Live which has gone under; NCAA Basketball which has gone under. They tried to ride the EA name wave on those titles and it ended quickly. The only reason this game hasn't gone under is because there's not an alternative. If you want to play Footall you have one choice in College and one in NFL.

Locomotion was a big disappointment for me. The agility focus was offset by the fact that they still use animations for tackles. ie.. If I take a quick and agile RB outside and I'm being chased by a slower DE or DT to the corner and I go to cut back before he gets to me if the DE or DT is close enough to set off the tackle animation then my agility and quickness is worthless. And unfortunately the box around the RB to set off the animation is too big.

IMO this game is never going to be what it can be until they find a way to get rid of tackle and block animations. Until they either buy out the Euphoria engine or design one of their own this game is always going keep to falling short and disappointing NCAA Football fans.

Last edited by cgraves45; 02-03-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #32
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

I honestly like 11 a lot and feel it has been the best in the series in a long time. If they just improve locomotion a bit by having height/weight matter and also improve the recruiting in OD, then I think they will have a very good product this year. 11 is the first NCAA that I have continued to play past December in a long time. I hope they also give an option to make the tuner sets optional in OD. In my OD we enjoyed the game more before the tuner sets weakened the defense as much as they did, making them optional for a OD would make me very happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »