Home

Strange Mystery Athlete...

This is a discussion on Strange Mystery Athlete... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #33
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Strange Mystery Athlete...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
Haven't you basically just described the true athlete? i.e. A player who has high athletic ability but low football ability. I always thought that was what athletes were supposed to be like.....

I don't think that such a player is that unrealistic, the game is essentially giving you the option to recruit a track guy - ridiculous speed but will need coaching up.

Dude do you not follow college football at all? An Athlete is more then some track kid with speed but little skill. The track guys who are just speed and little skill are never rated that high. I coach high school kids and I have yet to see a major FBS school recruit kids that have skill sets like found in this game. A kid I coached this past season who ran a 4.31 40 but was not a great football player is going to play at a D-III school. If he was a recruit in NCAA 11 then he would be playing FBS football next year. See the two post below to get a better idea of what an "Athlete" is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
"Athlete" is more of the tag recruiters place on a guy who could possibly play at more than one position (not exactly at the same time) at a high level at the collegiate level. Typically it will be a WR/DB or a RB/WR or a QB/WR or some combination of any positions.
You are correct. An "Athlete" tag means the kid could play more then one position. While he may grade out better at one position then the other does not mean he lacks football skills. Georgia just signed a kid, Malcolm Mitchell, ESPN has him as the #7 WR while Scout or Rivials has him as the #1 CB. The kid is good enough to play both but will play WR. This is a prime example of an "Athlete". While most high school kids could be called "Athletes" since most play both ways. The ones that are not taged as "Athlete" grade out much better at one position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »