Home

Has anyone ever.....

This is a discussion on Has anyone ever..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21
Has anyone ever.....

Has anyone ever hung up on a recruit? If so, why?

RAVENS/ORIOLES
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Has anyone ever.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by King88
Has anyone ever hung up on a recruit? If so, why?
Once or twice, I realize mid-call that I don't need the recruit because he would take the spot of a better guy, so I hang up and take him off my board. Thats about the only time I ever hang up.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

I did one time by random.. I was in a hurry and spammed buttons and that may have made it hang up. And other times I have just because I change my mind on the guy and don't want to waste my time, or accidentally called someone I didn't want to, like just now I called a 1 star punter and then remembered I had already recruited 1, so I hung up.

Also, in thinking about it.. why do they use up the remaining minutes after you hang up? It's like ok I plan on a 40 minute call with this guy. But then after 20 minutes you hang up, and you have used up 40 minutes? I know its supposed to be a penalty or something but it's just stupid if you ask me. I guess they think your going to 'abuse' it or something..

Last edited by BleedingGreen710; 02-05-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

I have accidentally lol. But what really annoyed me was one time I was quickly selecting time and meant to put 60 minutes into this guy and I guess held the arrow pad too long and it went to 10 and I clicked CALL before i could stop myself.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0
Angry Re: Has anyone ever.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
I have accidentally lol. But what really annoyed me was one time I was quickly selecting time and meant to put 60 minutes into this guy and I guess held the arrow pad too long and it went to 10 and I clicked CALL before i could stop myself.
Thats happened to me before...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #6
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Yes, accidentally like everybody , but there is no useful reason to since it uses all your time. I wish we could... and we'd piss him off and not have much of a chance at him anymore... but keep our time.

Like if I call the guy... I get two horrible pitches, i change them both, and get two more horrible pitches and I'm 400 points behind Alabama.. I'd like to be able to evacuate that call and save 40 minutes for another guy. There's really no tenable explanation for the fact that we can't. In fact I'll take it a step further and say that it would have added some much needed STRATEGY to the random-draw nature of this year's recruiting process.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Yes, accidentally like everybody , but there is no useful reason to since it uses all your time. I wish we could... and we'd piss him off and not have much of a chance at him anymore... but keep our time.

Like if I call the guy... I get two horrible pitches, i change them both, and get two more horrible pitches and I'm 400 points behind Alabama.. I'd like to be able to evacuate that call and save 40 minutes for another guy. There's really no tenable explanation for the fact that we can't. In fact I'll take it a step further and say that it would have added some much needed STRATEGY to the random-draw nature of this year's recruiting process.
Yeah make it "end call" instead of "hang up", that makes a lot of sense to me. The recruit doesn't know you intended to spend 40 minutes on him. I've never started off a call by saying," well this is going to be a 40 minute conversation....begin."

RAVENS/ORIOLES

Last edited by 8; 02-05-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #8
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by King88
I've never started off a call by saying," well this is going to be a 40 minute conversation....begin."
hahahahahahaa... Good point!

The following will be a 20 minute conversation... commence!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »