Home

Custom Scheduling in ACC

This is a discussion on Custom Scheduling in ACC within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14
Custom Scheduling in ACC

Im in year 2024 playing as FSU and have won 5 or 6 ACC championships in the 8 seasons I've been there so since I've got nothin to prove there my goal every season is to make the last game of the season (referred to by some as the national championship).

My question is what is the best way (scheduling wise) to get there? At the end of every year there are at least 5 undefeated teams so does that automatically mean I need to back load the schedule with high ranked opponents in the hopes of jumping teams in the polls? This season I scheduled USC in week 3 but realized thats a waste since with all my lame opponents in the conf schedule I'll probably get jumped. Usually, with Florida at the end of the season I've got a top 10 opponent every season but they're trending way down righ now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Custom Scheduling in ACC

I rread somewhere that scheduling a lot of teams that play in the same conference can get you an invite to that conference. So, I would recomend scheduling Bama, Florida, Gorgia, and the like for 3 of your games. Four the fourth game, I'd schedule Vandy or SC (Just keep it consistant each year. If you schedule Vandy once, keep scheduling them). This way, there is a logical team in the SEC for you to switch places with (As long as you can beat up the Commodores or the Gamecocks). This is just a conglomerate of facts I have read on how to switch conferences, so I'm not 100% sure it works (I think it does, because it helped me move to the PAC 10 in one of my dynasties). Now, how does this help you with your goal?

1) THe SEC teams are quality teams that beating will look good for the polls.
2) Moving to the SEC greatly increqases your shot at a NT.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I rread somewhere that scheduling a lot of teams that play in the same conference can get you an invite to that conference. So, I would recomend scheduling Bama, Florida, Gorgia, and the like for 3 of your games. Four the fourth game, I'd schedule Vandy or SC (Just keep it consistant each year. If you schedule Vandy once, keep scheduling them). This way, there is a logical team in the SEC for you to switch places with (As long as you can beat up the Commodores or the Gamecocks). This is just a conglomerate of facts I have read on how to switch conferences, so I'm not 100% sure it works (I think it does, because it helped me move to the PAC 10 in one of my dynasties). Now, how does this help you with your goal?

1) THe SEC teams are quality teams that beating will look good for the polls.
2) Moving to the SEC greatly increqases your shot at a NT.

Hope this helps!
I know all about conference invites but I've heard the only BCS conference where its possible to move up is the Big East. I dont want to spend years always playing the same teams just hoping that isnt true and the invite to the SEC eventually comes through.

I think the best chance is just to schedule a team that will likly be in the top 10 at the end of the season in the hopes of jumping someone. i ended up beating USC and am ranked #2 now but will likly get jumped sometime in the season even if I go undefeated.

Anyone else have thoughts/ experiance with this?
Old 02-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99
I know all about conference invites but I've heard the only BCS conference where its possible to move up is the Big East.
Not true. I'm currently in year 19 of an NC State dynasty, and I'm in the SEC. In year 16 or 17 I got invited to join the SEC. I have also never had trouble getting to the BCS NC, precisely because I schedule at least two of the top 10 teams, and at least one other top 25 team for 3 of my 4 non conf games. (I always play ECU for the 4th game because they're a rival, and I enjoy handing them their own butts.)

I can't confirm what TDenverFan said about getting an invite from playing that conference often, but I will say it's very likely that I scheduled and beat a highly ranked SEC team at least once a year before they invited me.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

The tiebreakers of undefeated teams is (too) heavily dependent upon conference strength in NCAA '11. The team from the stronger conference will usually get the nod, so you're pretty screwed by playing in the ACC.

I went undefeated 3 seasons with Michigan while playing in the Big12 conference (so I could have Nebraska there) and every time I finished 3rd behind an SEC and a Big10 school (either Texas or Oklahoma). It didn't matter that I played 6 teams that were in the top25 and Texas had played 2 and it didn't matter that I had beated a top 10 team in the CCG, because I was in the Big12, which is a "weaker" conference than the Big10, I always lost out.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm having the same problem with FSU. OSU has been terrible the last few years so Penn Sate seems to be unefeated every year and ranked in the top 2, whoever wins the big 12 is usually undefeated and the Pac 10 winner usually is too. I just started a season and I'm ranked 9 despite finishing #2 last year and I barely lost any players. I tried strategically scheduling three top 5 teams plus I have a game against #10 Florida, hopefully that will get me a shot at the National title. I open the season at #5 Oklahoma, I would have scheduled #2 Cal, but I wasn't sure if I would jump them in the polls from #9, I have #4 LSU mid season and my last game of the year is at #1 Penn State. I was thinking of creating a coach and controlling Penn State for a year and not recruiting anyone for the year in an effort to let some of the talent trickle down to other Big Ten teams because PSU has been dominating the conference
Old 02-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I'm having the same problem with FSU. OSU has been terrible the last few years so Penn Sate seems to be unefeated every year and ranked in the top 2, whoever wins the big 12 is usually undefeated and the Pac 10 winner usually is too. I just started a season and I'm ranked 9 despite finishing #2 last year and I barely lost any players. I tried strategically scheduling three top 5 teams plus I have a game against #10 Florida, hopefully that will get me a shot at the National title. I open the season at #5 Oklahoma, I would have scheduled #2 Cal, but I wasn't sure if I would jump them in the polls from #9, I have #4 LSU mid season and my last game of the year is at #1 Penn State. I was thinking of creating a coach and controlling Penn State for a year and not recruiting anyone for the year in an effort to let some of the talent trickle down to other Big Ten teams because PSU has been dominating the conference
Yeah I'm seeing almost the exact same thing. I dont really like messing with the "natural order" like coaching PSU but the lack of realizim is annoying to say the least. I'm gathering that a ton of people have found in years down the road PSU becomes the Yankees of College Football (only better).

Thats good news to hear the guy above got NC State in the SEC but I wonder if the game would move FSU when I've got the only good team in the division; all the other programs are down to 3 stars or worse.

I dont want to have to make my schedule the hardest that any CFB team has ever played just to have a shot at the last game of the season but that may just have to be the case. I've tried to create more parody by creating coaches to get non BCS teams into new conferences at the end of the season but all thats done is some of them are getting their brains beat in and others are undefeated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »