Home

Quick question about user changing to a different school in dynasty

This is a discussion on Quick question about user changing to a different school in dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Quick question about user changing to a different school in dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
WOW! I'm in 2013 (i think) or 2014 and no schools have changed conferences...

Utah needs to as they have been ranked in the top 10 every season that i've played.
Sorry if it's listed in another thread, but do conference changes only occur in online dyansties? I just completed year 16 of an offline one and have not seen one change. However, unless there's some sort of news flash the game pops up for you to see, how would you know without researching every conference at the beginning of every season?
Old 02-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #10
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
Sorry if it's listed in another thread, but do conference changes only occur in online dyansties? I just completed year 16 of an offline one and have not seen one change. However, unless there's some sort of news flash the game pops up for you to see, how would you know without researching every conference at the beginning of every season?
Only user teams will be able change conferences. They also only switch with other teams....so in the previous example Kent State went to the Big 10 an Purdue went to the MAC.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 02-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #11
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
Your experience will follow you, but your prestige changes. I am not sure if it will stay the same though if you go to one of the top schools. I had taken Kent State to the Big 10, won 3 NCs and decided to leave at the end of my 9 year contract. I chose to go to aonther 1* team so I chose MTSU. Imagine my shock to see my prestige back to a D+!!!

The new coach at your old school starts over with everything.
This is such an annoying part of the game! As if you suddenly have never won a championship as a coach. I've always wanted to be able to go to some small school, recruit based on coach prestige and win a ton of games with something like 18 true freshman starters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 05:46 PM   #12
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99
This is such an annoying part of the game! As if you suddenly have never won a championship as a coach. I've always wanted to be able to go to some small school, recruit based on coach prestige and win a ton of games with something like 18 true freshman starters.
I'm with you on this one!! I guess my plan of starting with Notre Dame, winning the title right away then leaving and building a powerhouse won't be happening...
Old 02-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #13
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

I agree! I dont see why Prestige drops like that! You mean to tell me Harbaugh's prestige dropped because he left Stanford to take over at SF??

But I will say it is back to a big-time challenge with recruiting. My last 2 years at Kent State it was like....okay...which top player do I need this time...while at MTSU...it is okay...can I get this 2* that I really need to even talk to me since no one else is recruiting him!

So doing the ND thing will work, just be prepared for the 1st year or 2 at the new school to be a recruiting nightmare!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #14
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I agree! I dont see why Prestige drops like that! You mean to tell me Harbaugh's prestige dropped because he left Stanford to take over at SF??

But I will say it is back to a big-time challenge with recruiting. My last 2 years at Kent State it was like....okay...which top player do I need this time...while at MTSU...it is okay...can I get this 2* that I really need to even talk to me since no one else is recruiting him!

So doing the ND thing will work, just be prepared for the 1st year or 2 at the new school to be a recruiting nightmare!
simple as pie...have coaches that change that the cpu teams rotate around even if they give them fake names or go by Coash FSU who is now coaching Western Kentucky or something lol.

We've wanted this for so long I have no idea why this hasn't been implemented into NCAA

Then you can take your prestige & experience and so can the cpu coaches!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:33 PM   #15
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Bit off topic, but how is Kent State doing in your dynasty w/out you coaching it? Is it still a powerhouse? Or not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 08:16 AM   #16
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Bit off topic, but how is Kent State doing in your dynasty w/out you coaching it? Is it still a powerhouse? Or not?
I am Week 12 with MTSU, Kent State is #1 (started the season #1), undefeated and has at least 1 player up for every award. They are projected to play USC for the NC. It is really strange to see them doing so well. My wife came in when I was checking the stats and saw where they were doing so well...asked me if I miss them. I do...but I like the challenge with MTSU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »