Home

Can Someone Explain to me What Happened?

This is a discussion on Can Someone Explain to me What Happened? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Can Someone Explain to me What Happened?

Okay guys, let me first say that I've never been that clear on the rules of college football overtime so that could be the problem with all of this.

Anyway, the situation I'm in...I'm playing Road To Glory as a QB with USC, anyway, National Championship game against Bama, we go to overtime. I win the toss and start on offense. I score a touchdown on the third play. Next posession, Bama answers with a touchdown of they're own. Next posession is Bama's, on about the fourth or fifth play, we intercept them. For some reason Bama keeps the ball after being intercepted, they then proceed to score a touchdown and the game ends with them winning the National Championship with me never touching the ball again after that opening posession. I did just get screwed didn't I?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Can Someone Explain to me What Happened?

Definitely a glitch. Simple as that. You got hosed big time.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Okay guys, let me first say that I've never been that clear on the rules of college football overtime so that could be the problem with all of this.

Anyway, the situation I'm in...I'm playing Road To Glory as a QB with USC, anyway, National Championship game against Bama, we go to overtime. I win the toss and start on offense. I score a touchdown on the third play. Next posession, Bama answers with a touchdown of they're own. Next posession is Bama's, on about the fourth or fifth play, we intercept them. For some reason Bama keeps the ball after being intercepted, they then proceed to score a touchdown and the game ends with them winning the National Championship with me never touching the ball again after that opening posession. I did just get screwed didn't I?
Yeah man . . . sorry.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

The same thing happened to me in the regular season when i was UNC playing against S. Carolina. they missed a field goal in the 2nd OT and they got the ball back in the 2nd OT AGAIN and kicked a field goal the first play.

I was pissed. I just turned my xbox off and simmed it later and won
Old 02-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

I havent experianced this yet in NCAA 11 but I did see it in the 2010, 2009, and 2008 versions. Guess its still a problem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Thanks for the responses guys. I thought I had at least a good enough grasp on the rules to know that I should have gotten the ball with a score winning it for me after that interception. Now I'm wondering if watching the play is what caused this? Cause I watched the play that the interception happened on, then when the sim screen came up, I'm like...why is this what's on screen? It should just take me to the play screen. I hit sim to next play and they broke off like a 17 yd run, then a passing touchdown and won. I was pissed and in shock.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #7
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

Wow that is an awful glitch. A controller would be broken if that happened to me.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Shoot.... a situation like that is something where I would not only accept, but almost mandate a quit and restart. Can't accept being screwed out of the NC on a clear glitch like that, especially at that point in the game...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »