Home

Favorite Kind of Offense

This is a discussion on Favorite Kind of Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Favorite Kind of Offense

I've tried pretty much all of them, and have settled on a pro style using Florida Atlantic's playbook. It's got a ton of I formations, but also has a 4 and 5 wide out of the shotgun for passing situations, and a bunch look out of ace.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I run a pro style with a good mix of singleback sets and big formations. I enjoy the variety of being able to spread my oppenent out or pound them on the ground. Too many people use playbooks which pigeon hole them into one or the other. If someone is shutting my run game down I can open it up and pass. If someone has a lot of speed and good at defending the pass I can test if their run D is as effective.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #11
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
I run a pro style with a good mix of singleback sets and big formations. I enjoy the variety of being able to spread my oppenent out or pound them on the ground. Too many people use playbooks which pigeon hole them into one or the other. If someone is shutting my run game down I can open it up and pass. If someone has a lot of speed and good at defending the pass I can test if their run D is as effective.
Same here. I use a power running game to open things up. They start stuffing the box and I mix some more in. A quick slant out of Maryland I for 95 yards is always fun when your opponent decides to stuff the box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #12
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9

I like Air Force's playbook for when I'm in a power running mood. It has plently of I, single, flexbone, or you can spread it out in shotgun and run.

For when I'm in a spread mood, I love Wyoming's playbook. It's just a very fun playbook all around
Old 02-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #13
Rookie

I love the diversity of the playbooks in this game. Late in the season and I still see a very good mix of originality online. When I used to play Madden 75% of the people would be running the same exact 3 offenses by mid season.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:55 PM   #14
Banned

Rotax's Arena

Pro style but I run to set up the pass. Most of my completions are over 10 yards.

I use SDSU's playbook, It's the closest thing to an NFL offense imo.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:56 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBo513
I like Air Force's playbook for when I'm in a power running mood. It has plently of I, single, flexbone, or you can spread it out in shotgun and run.

For when I'm in a spread mood, I love Wyoming's playbook. It's just a very fun playbook all around
Wyoming's playbook is the best for craziness. Ever try the Monster?

Other than pro, I enjoy the Air Raid offense, then the Run n Shoot....My least favorite is the option or maybe even the "running" spread, but read options are so fun. I dislike one back and such because the fullback in I form usually seals off that extra guy just in time for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 01:13 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

i really like the LSU playbook and Air force. LSU, you can go almost anywhere with it if i have a solid team all around. When i feel like running a lot and got a good FB, love the AF playbook because it has flexbone, shotgun, i formation, and a bunch others. also, it's the closest playbook to the one my high school uses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »