Home

Coaches Challenge.....

This is a discussion on Coaches Challenge..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
Rookie

Zasnow's Arena

OVR: 4
Coaches Challenge.....

It seems like everytime I want to challenge an obvious call that the refs have gotten wrong it won't let me. Other obvious things still don't get over turned when I do challenge. Does this happen to anyone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2011, 01:03 AM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Coaches Challenge.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zasnow
It seems like everytime I want to challenge an obvious call that the refs have gotten wrong it won't let me. Other obvious things still don't get over turned when I do challenge. Does this happen to anyone else?
I have gotten the obvious thing not being overturned. Playing against Texas their WR makes a sideline catch. I could tell as it happened his feet weren't in bounds, so I challenged. They show 3 replays, all 3 show both feet clearly OUT OF BOUNDS!!! Yet the call stands as a completion giving them 1st and goal at my 8 instead of 4th and 16!

In some ways these are cool because this does happen in real life... but it happens against me, or you, too much and never against the CPU!

Old 02-23-2011, 01:32 AM   #3
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

Also I've noticed the last play of a quarter/half never allows me to challenge at all.

It's bug #239283 of this game.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:06 AM   #4
Rookie

antdawg9's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I have gotten the obvious thing not being overturned. Playing against Texas their WR makes a sideline catch. I could tell as it happened his feet weren't in bounds, so I challenged. They show 3 replays, all 3 show both feet clearly OUT OF BOUNDS!!! Yet the call stands as a completion giving them 1st and goal at my 8 instead of 4th and 16!

In some ways these are cool because this does happen in real life... but it happens against me, or you, too much and never against the CPU!
I've had that and worse. I almost lost a Conference Champ Game because of that. I was up late and the CPU threw a bomb down the sideline to a receiver. He clearly had two feet out of bounds when he caught it and it was ruled incomplete. Then the booth challenged the call and overturned it. I caught an INT two plays later, but it was still frustrating. And it's happened more than once.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:22 AM   #5
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Worst I had was in NCAA 10. Playing Notre Dame. Shove the guy out of bounds at the 10. He keeps running in for a TD. THEY UPHOLD THE CALL.

Had the video, now deleted from easportsworld.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #6
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10

Had it happen to me alot.

i was playing with Arizona and i threw the ball to my HB near the sidelines who then took it 40 yards but then the booth challenged the ball only to call the play back....and my HB NEVER!!! had his foot touch out of bounds.

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 02-23-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

The challenges are a good idea but as has been pointed out, poorly implemented. And that's being generous. Not only does it still get calls wrong when they're obvious from the replay, but even more bizarre is that the game will call "booth challenges" in situations that are almost completely irrelevant, like if a punt returner caught the punt in bounds or not.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 21

I really hate when it doesn't let me challenge what I want to. Earlier today in my online dynasty using Ohio, I threw a pass that was easily caught but then the receiver fumbled. I wanted to challenge the fumble (after checking, they blew the call as his knee was down well before the ball came out) but it only let me challenge the catch which there was no question about.

Also had another where my QB dove, hit the ground and slid maybe a yard, then lost the ball. I challenged and it was upheld even though it was incredibly obvious that my player was down. I won in both cases, but it's still annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »