Home

This is a speed rush, EA.

This is a discussion on This is a speed rush, EA. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #25
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: This is a speed rush, EA.

I had no issue with speed rushers in NCAA 11, in fact i dominated with them in my San Jose St dynasty. Moving strong yet speedy OLB's or just recruiting fast DE's I always took control of the DE and sped rushed the QB and I dominated. i think you're way off thinking its broken cause its not
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #26
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

I think they want the cpu to run that speed rush as effectively as you do sometimes. At least for me I enjoy just calling plays on defense and letting everyone run around on their own without my interference.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #27
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_Alex_Howell
Actually. This is a Rush. a Tom Sawyer Rush.

Rush, AKA the band with an amazing drummer who also happens to be one of the worst lyricists in the history of rock.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_Alex_Howell
Actually. This is a Rush. a Tom Sawyer Rush.

Ohhh yeah ! Your a modern day warrior!! \m/
Old 04-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

3/4 OLB do need to be reexamined because Von Miller many times was a non factor in the pass rush area of this game.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:28 PM   #30
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm hoping the fact that they have eliminated the suction and sliding effects will help with the speed rush. They said contact won't initiate until the players actually touch, so that means they wont be sucked into an animation.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 23

I totally agree EA needs to work on how the DE's rush off the edge... The main issue I have is that they don't make any "moves" until "after" they engage with the offensive tackle... This is totally wrong, and which is why I feel the "speed rush" from the DE is truly lacking in EA games...

Also...

In the #2 video, the DE on the bottom lined up about 5 feet offsides haha. Thats probably why he got such a great pass rush haha...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #32
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Eh, this is just one example of how the ratings...if we are being truly honest..don't seem to matter a great deal.

I don't know if it is because the ratings don't actually "do" anything other than speed and acceleration or if the game just "evens things out"...but really...we've all been there...

You have an opponent with a 73 OVER QB (81 THP, 76 THA) chunking pinpoint 40 yard strikes across the field while being pressure.

Your Offensive line that consists of 5 92+ rated players gets dominated by a defensive line that goes 74, 82, 87, and 76 in overall ratings.

Your 76 rated DT is able to crash through a line just as easily as your 98 rated DT.

Your secondary of 90+ rated corners and safeties gets torched for 400 yards passing by a 72 rated QB and 4 WRs who all come in at around 78 overall.

I LOVED NCAA 11...but it's about time that there was TRULY some ratings driven gameplay IMO.
its not that the ratings mean nothing, the issue is which ratings mean something.

ex. a 95 rated DT with a pursuit rating of 50 will do what we expect push the pocket and tackle what comes his way, a 65 rated DT with a 90 pursuit will break his OL everytime to express that rating of following the ball carrier

same for a WR a 99ovr wr with a speed and catch of 88 will not be as effective as a WR with a speed of 95 and a catch of 72....

certain ratings express better outcomes, Pursuit for defenders is the key, you wanna see a pocket and DL play look into those pursuit values.

and this is a question the people rating these games need to address

theory vs gaming expression......in theory 90+ means a good player but in animation land 90+= guaranteed outcome no room for error

we all know PURSUIT govern the angles on the ball carrier but it also plays a role in interactions which express win/loss animations in milliseconds

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »