Home

This is a speed rush, EA.

This is a discussion on This is a speed rush, EA. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #41
Banned

General Butt Naked's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: This is a speed rush, EA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
This is also EXTRA important to be in the game since most of the people who play this game don't even stand in the pocket. They back up 17-25 yards.
Yea, people who don't stop dropping back in the pocket because they know they won't be sacked should be punished. If you don't step up in the pocket in real life the edge rusher will sack you everytime because you are giving him the correct angle to rush at. Of course this is where the lack of an edge rush comes into play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #42
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

You want a true speed rush, then they are going to have to re-do both offensive and defensive line interactions. There are two big flaws that I see: the edge rushers don't run the arc, and the tackles don't set deep enough. The edge rushers should have an aiming point about 7 yards upfield, and the tackle shouldn't even be able to lay a hand on them before 5 yards.

But in NCAA and Madden, the first contact between the tackle and the rusher almost never happens at 5 yards. I've seen 3 yards, sometimes 4, and I believe that is because the tackles don't have a true kickslide programmed into their movements.

For those that don't know what a kick slide is:

^This movement is how the cup-shape of the pocket is formed in real football and the reason why the pocket never quite looks right in EA's games.

This is what the pass protectors do in EA's games:

Short vid of what it should look like. Jake Long vs. Derrick Harvey:

At this point they can tweak win/loss between the tackle and end, but a true overhaul, with engaged player movement is the only thing that's really going to fix it. If this game had a real kick slide with the defensive ends programmed with a true aiming point so that they are always coming up the field, then the whole thing with users getting the snap and dropping back 17 yards and instantly scrambling to the outside would disappear.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 04-30-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #43
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Here's my personal rant on the subject:

Old 04-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #44
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
WOW! man, just WOW! Little man must have played with incredible leverage. This is just another example of how ratings truly don't seem to matter in EA football games.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #45
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
WOW! man, just WOW! Little man must have played with incredible leverage. This is just another example of how ratings truly don't seem to matter in EA football games.
Along with that it makes recruiting well almost pointless at certain positions. Takes all the fun away of snagging a 5* player...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #46
Banned

General Butt Naked's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
There are two big flaws that I see: the edge rushers don't run the arc, and the tackles don't set deep enough. The edge rushers should have an aiming point about 7 yards upfield, and the tackle shouldn't even be able to lay a hand on them before 5 yards.

But in NCAA and Madden, the first contact between the tackle and the rusher almost never happens at 5 yards. I've seen 3 yards, sometimes 4, and I believe that is because the tackles don't have a true kickslide programmed into their movements.
Perfectly said.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:41 AM   #47
Rookie

MacDiiddy's Arena

Although I believed all this stuff to be the case for a while, I am slightly optimistic that things may change this year

I mean they want their 99 overall barry sanders to tear it up like Mr. Sanders did, there may be an overall emphasis on stats truely representing their abilities
Old 05-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #48
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

How you can believe in Ratings after this video right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »