Home

How Closely are Players in the NCAA Video Game Modeled After Real-Life Players

This is a discussion on How Closely are Players in the NCAA Video Game Modeled After Real-Life Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #9
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: How Closely are Players in the NCAA Video Game Modeled After Real-Life Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Or they could use their likeness and not get compensation?

Let me rephrase, college athletes already get paid, they have the opportunity to go to school for free.
Exactly.

1234loko

@AdamdotH
Old 03-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: How Closely are Players in the NCAA Video Game Modeled After Real-Life Players

235 people
Old 03-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #11
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Piecee
235 people
Why does that matter?

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #12
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
One thing is for sure, if EA loses this suite it would ruin this game for me. I do not want to play a college football game that does not resemble anything that I see on Saturday's. Another thing is I do not understand the difference between EA selling a video game that has a players likeness and the NCAA/Schools selling jersey's with the players name and number on it; is that not the players likeness as well if it has the name on the jersey's?
They don't sell them with current player's names on the jerseys. Just a number, which doesn't use a player's likeness (minus retired jersey numbers, but if more than one guy wore it ever, it's not using their likeness.)

Example: I bought a number 5 UNC basketball jersey when Lawson played there. He's gone, but now Kendall Marshall is number 5. I wear it still, but it's technically both of their jerseys.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 03-06-2011, 12:37 AM   #13
Pro

I mentioned the number in response to Rotax's post and its claims.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
They don't sell them with current player's names on the jerseys. Just a number, which doesn't use a player's likeness (minus retired jersey numbers, but if more than one guy wore it ever, it's not using their likeness.)

Example: I bought a number 5 UNC basketball jersey when Lawson played there. He's gone, but now Kendall Marshall is number 5. I wear it still, but it's technically both of their jerseys.

Yeah, I just checked OSU's team shop and non of those have names either. Although couldn't this be the same as EA not using names either?
Old 03-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
Yeah, I just checked OSU's team shop and non of those have names either. Although couldn't this be the same as EA not using names either?
I think you are absolutely right. They only sell jerseys with the numbers of the star players on each team on them. For the most part, those jerseys are purchased because they represent the player who wears them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotax
I can't even read your posts. What is with that text and all the similes? To answer the topic question. Skin/equipment/number. A lot of the time they have the wrong equipment and numbers out of the box.
To say that the only difference between all college players and all their representations in the game is “Skin/equipment/number” is inaccurate. I offer much supporting evidence above. If the issue were as simple as Rotax makes it out to be my post would not have been responded to 6 times and been read by 180 people. Furthermore, reading is hard, Rotax. Sorry you could not handle it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »