Home

need some assistance please regarding Senior playing time

This is a discussion on need some assistance please regarding Senior playing time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: need some assistance please regarding Senior playing time

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdreamz
i don't agree... when i redshirt my guys they go up 2-3 points
I played a true freshman qb 145 attempts he went from 78 to 91

you should see progression for your underclassmen more if you are able to get them more playing time, but you have to win the games first and foremost
...so my answer is you get them as much as you can afford to get them.
Ive won every damn game in a season playing true fresh, and never had a 13 point increase. That is winning MNC at a 6 star school.

Ill post again after I finish with current offseason. Won MNC and 2nd striing HB was a rs fresh and had 900 yards rushing and 20 tds for the year. Be amazed if I would get even a 9 point increase.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

If your guy went from a 78 to 91 in game, you must've accidentally done the redshirt glitch, where they have insane progression. Only possible way, as the only stat that goes up in season is awareness, and going up 13 awareness points (1 per game, possible 14) won't boost your overall 13 points.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 03-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #11
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
If your guy went from a 78 to 91 in game, you must've accidentally done the redshirt glitch, where they have insane progression. Only possible way, as the only stat that goes up in season is awareness, and going up 13 awareness points (1 per game, possible 14) won't boost your overall 13 points.
I was thinking the same thing. A 13 point increase is exploiting a glitch or using the DLC that gives max training. I have not done a ton of testing to prove this but I did notice in 2 different dynasties a player ended up with the same overall after 3 years in both. The player was Carlton Thomas, a RsSo 3rd/4th RB for Georgia. He received very little playing time. I talking about less then 10 carries per season. He started out in the mid 70's in overall but ended up as an 89ovr. The first time I noticed this was while using Georgia. I passed it off as it being user controlled. The next time was me using Nebraska. I was looking over Georgia's roster. I had lost a recruit to them and wanted to see how good he was. I was looking them over when I noticed Thomas as a RsSr was a 89ovr. I found it odd that he would end up an 89ovr in 2 different dynasties. I didn't test my hypothesis any further. I hope it was just an isolated thing and not that every player has a set overall they will achieve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #12
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
Its not like the damn game makes getting snaps/pt worth it progression wise for underclassmen. Have never noticed any difference in that vs. redshirting them or even if they arent redshirted but just get virtually no playing time.

So play your studs and next year will be next year. EA made this game so every snap/quarter/game/season is in a vacuum. Not enough of what is happening in a game/season affects much at all. Not much besides winning affects recruiting. Otherwise a big vacuum.

I have to agree, I dont beleive there is any real bonus to getting a player playing time. For a quarter back it may help you in playing with him to get a feel for release time and the like but in terms of attributes I dont think young starters get much of a jump over young bench guys.

Madden had this feature last year where PT did matter to progression; why its not in NCAA? If I knew the answer to that I'd be rich. (maybe but probably not)
Old 03-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #13
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I was thinking the same thing. A 13 point increase is exploiting a glitch or using the DLC that gives max training. I have not done a ton of testing to prove this but I did notice in 2 different dynasties a player ended up with the same overall after 3 years in both. The player was Carlton Thomas, a RsSo 3rd/4th RB for Georgia. He received very little playing time. I talking about less then 10 carries per season. He started out in the mid 70's in overall but ended up as an 89ovr. The first time I noticed this was while using Georgia. I passed it off as it being user controlled. The next time was me using Nebraska. I was looking over Georgia's roster. I had lost a recruit to them and wanted to see how good he was. I was looking them over when I noticed Thomas as a RsSr was a 89ovr. I found it odd that he would end up an 89ovr in 2 different dynasties. I didn't test my hypothesis any further. I hope it was just an isolated thing and not that every player has a set overall they will achieve.
Pretty sure that's just an isolated thing. I've done a few different dynasties with UNC, and I've had players with about a 5 or 6 overall difference from Freshman to senior year. That's about a 2 point difference a year in offseason progression, meaning one they're getting 3-5 a year, the other they get 1-3.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 03-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #14
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Pretty sure that's just an isolated thing. I've done a few different dynasties with UNC, and I've had players with about a 5 or 6 overall difference from Freshman to senior year. That's about a 2 point difference a year in offseason progression, meaning one they're getting 3-5 a year, the other they get 1-3.
Thanks man. It just made me think when the same guy ended up the same overall two different times. I have no idea what he received in progression points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »