Home

Season 7 Offline...WOW!

This is a discussion on Season 7 Offline...WOW! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #9
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Season 7 Offline...WOW!

Part of the problem is the bloated ratings. Before I ended my dynasty in year six there were a ton of players over 90 on the top tier teams. EA needs to seriously stretch the ratings so there aren't a bunch of all star teams. Each one of the CPU teams (aside from Boise State and maybe OU) should have at least one loss given their opponents.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
Part of the problem is the bloated ratings. Before I ended my dynasty in year six there were a ton of players over 90 on the top tier teams. EA needs to seriously stretch the ratings so there aren't a bunch of all star teams. Each one of the CPU teams (aside from Boise State and maybe OU) should have at least one loss given their opponents.
I agree. The way the game is set up, it's usually just the team with the better players that win, although in real life a lot of it has to do with the system. For example, Texas Tech never gets any of the top recruits, but under Mike Leach they were always good because of their system. Boise doesn't get many top recruits either but they seem to do pretty well. Meanwhile you have teams like Texas this year () who had an absolutely all star recruiting class, but had a horrible year. Showing the overall ratings or even the letter grades of recruits shouldn't translate exactly to what type of player they end up being.
Go Mavericks!
Go Rangers!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #11
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

*UPDATE*

The above 6 teams ended 12-0 going into conference championships...in which only 3 have.

Oklahoma will play me (Cyclones)
Alabama will have a rematch against Florida

So in order to even have a chance, I will have to beat Oklahoma, Florida will have to upset Alabama and the polls will have to make me jump Penn St or USC... *sigh*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #12
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

This has been happening for years. I always have multiple undefeated teams.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #13
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
Had to post this. I have built ISU into a "powerhouse" and am currently undefeated with 2 weeks left. There are a total of 6 undefeated teams and in the BCS I am currently 5th.

Key wins in ( )

1 Alabama 11-0 (#7 Florida, #24 Tenn, #13 Aub)
2 USC 11-0 (#19 Arizona St, #16 Notre Dame)
3 Penn St 10-0 (#14 Michigan, #15 Iowa)
4 Oklahoma 11-0 (#12 Texas)
5 CYCLONES 11-0 (#16 Notre Dame, #15 Iowa, #22 Mizzou)
6 Boise St 10-0 (NONE)

Penn St has #11 Pitt to play still. I need them to lose that. I need Alabama to lose their conference championship and I need to beat Oklahoma in mine...to be in the Top 2.

Right about now, I wish there was a tournament added in because this would be such a mess in real life. I purposely added Notre Dame to my schedule knowing that my team was good this season and I had a weak in conference schedule.

Maybe I can get a split championship somehow
Just wait. It gets much worse (or, rather, stays the same).
Old 03-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #14
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcloudgopher
Just wait. It gets much worse (or, rather, stays the same).
Oh yeah, I know... I just didn't think it was THIS bad I guess.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Wow...I'm in year 7 also and set to play in my first national title game.

There is only one undefeated team in the nation, 12-0 Penn State, who won last year's national title with an undefeated record as well. My team, Tulane, is 12-1.
It took me 15 seasons to finally make it to a National Title game, and I only made it because I edited my schedule into something ridiculously unrealistic. The biggest problem in my dynasty is that Cincinatti became a 6 star team from dominating the Big East, and that allows them to steal a lot of OSUs recruits which has allowed Penn State to dominate the Big Ten. I think I'm the only team to beat Penn State in the last 4-5 years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #16
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
It took me 15 seasons to finally make it to a National Title game, and I only made it because I edited my schedule into something ridiculously unrealistic. The biggest problem in my dynasty is that Cincinatti became a 6 star team from dominating the Big East, and that allows them to steal a lot of OSUs recruits which has allowed Penn State to dominate the Big Ten. I think I'm the only team to beat Penn State in the last 4-5 years
Which is why I wish the CPU would invite other teams into bigger conferences (besides just the user teams) and the teams that fell would be kicked out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »