Home

A Few More NCAA Football 12 Features Revealed

This is a discussion on A Few More NCAA Football 12 Features Revealed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: A Few More NCAA Football 12 Features Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
True RTG is unplayable ,but thats because it sucks. I'm addicted to "My Player" because it's done well. If RTG will be fun in NCAA 12 I will spend a lot of time playing. I doubt they can whip it into shape in one year ,but 2k 10 "My Player" was damn good after one cycle. Especially if I can carry the experience over to Madden 12.
Agreed. It isnt playable but I still like it
If it was as good as My Player or RTTS then people wouldnt be complaining.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'd be more open to RtG being the main focus of the game if they could actually make it fun, varied, and interesting. In my opinion they would basically have to completely rework the entire mode to make that happen.

Last edited by Miden; 03-11-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miden
I'd be more open to RtG being the main focus of the game if they could actually make it fun, varied, and interesting. In my opinion they would basically have to completely rework the entire mode to make that happen.
I am all for it being overhauled. Besides Superstar mode it is one of the worst Be a PRo mode. Because like all of the features added dont get fixed yearly or even bi-yearly. Ex. Teambuilder, RTG, Defense.
I mostly only play Be a Pro modes. But Dynasty and Defense needs to be main Priority. But a lot of people are acting like there is only one team of people working on the gameplay and career modes. There are separate teams that work on each mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #76
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

As has been said, these aren't really features. They are vagaries in what amounts to a hinting press release disguised as "features." Sure there is some specificity, but really I feel like these same things are said each and every year.

It is early so I really don't care, but don't piss on me and tell me it's raining. Hopefully there are actual substantive improvements that will be discussed soon enough. I'm looking mostly for improved offline dynasty, although by these sentences I'm not entirely sure it touches that point.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #77
Rookie

maddguuns's Arena

OVR: 6
This has told me exactly nothing about the upcoming game.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #78
Rookie

knighthawksfan's Arena

OVR: 24
I can't wait for ncaa football 12 comes out I got to make sure I order that thing immediately, go hawkeyes!!!!!! get back to a BCS Bowl.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:39 PM   #79
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm going to tale a guess that the reason they do not release information is simply a marketing technique. If you just explode information at the last moment, it drives up a hype machine, and people will get the urge to buy it.

The other tactic I see used (particularly in games that do not have annual sequels) is the slowly release information and drive up the hype machine slowly. Usually by releasing early screenshots, and some general outline of the features. (I see this used by Paradox Interactive, not sure how many other publishers/developer use this.)

Quite frankly EA is not a consumer friendly company. Tiburon and most of the other studios that use EA as a publisher typically do not release information until the coming months prior to release.

So to put this on topic, do not expect any real information form EA until about 2 months before the release.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #80
NCAA RTG Lead Designer

EA_Alex_Howell's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I'm going to tale a guess that the reason they do not release information is simply a marketing technique. If you just explode information at the last moment, it drives up a hype machine, and people will get the urge to buy it.

The other tactic I see used (particularly in games that do not have annual sequels) is the slowly release information and drive up the hype machine slowly. Usually by releasing early screenshots, and some general outline of the features. (I see this used by Paradox Interactive, not sure how many other publishers/developer use this.)

Quite frankly EA is not a consumer friendly company. Tiburon and most of the other studios that use EA as a publisher typically do not release information until the coming months prior to release.

So to put this on topic, do not expect any real information form EA until about 2 months before the release.
wrong. and i put it in pink because its just that wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »