Home

How Heisman Difficulty should be

This is a discussion on How Heisman Difficulty should be within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2011, 07:42 AM   #9
Rookie

Dirt DiverX's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How Heisman Difficulty should be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
They are already useless or did I miss the sarcasm?
I LOVE playing Georgia Tech when they are ranked high. It makes for an easy win against a quality opponent because the cpu has NO IDEA how to use them.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:24 AM   #10
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
I totally agree. Not only would it force people to be more "football smart", but it would also allow you to SET UP those surprise plays that go against what you've been doing (i.e. playaction). I'm not going to sit here and pretend I'm some football genius. I have my "go to" plays like most people, but I TRY to mix it up as well as I can. I would really enjoy it if the computer forced me to, instead of me having to be charitable.
Whilst I agree w/ the OP as well, I would love to see this taken to a new level on Heisman, though I know this will NEVER happen. I would love to be able to watch video of an upcoming opponent... see what they do in certain situations... 3rd and long, 3rd and short, how often they do this or that... in other words... be a real coach scouting a team and looking for things to take away from what they do best and also how to attack them.

Sometimes the absurdity of this game is mind blowing. I was playing a game and winning 31-10 w/ :15 left and the opponent failed on 3rd down... w/ :03 they call a time out... AND THEN PUNT THE BALL!!! Down by 21 w/ :03 they call timeout just to turn around and punt???

EA needs to make two games... one for kiddies who only use a few plays and look for all the ways to manipulate the game... and one for serious football minds who want a real challenge and not a mind-reading AI...

We can dream, can't we?

Old 03-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #11
Rookie

dixiebum18's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
Positivity is a good thing.
Ha, I know! I really want to be positive. And I really do wish they could add this level of AI to the game and have it play out the way we all want. But given the current issues with the AI, I don't think we can reasonably expect EA to get this right when/if they implement this.

Last edited by dixiebum18; 03-12-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #12
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

5-star thread

Laughed at the seven play player

That's a huge portion of gamers!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 03-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #13
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Unluckily for us EA's "solution" to the 7 play problem was gameflow in Madden. I hope that feature doesn't sneak into NCAA.

Instead of making a game where you're forced to call a variety of plays because the computer defenders adapt, they put a generic coordinator in your ear who tries to coax you into running something different. Completely backwards way of solving things.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #14
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
5-star thread

Laughed at the seven play player

That's a huge portion of gamers!
Its a big reason why I'm avoided by people as a preferred player on xbox live. Once you stop their 7 plays they're down 21-0 in the second quarter and they quit.

The fact that they even play a person like they play the computer is insulting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »