Home

Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

This is a discussion on Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
If you saw that play with your own eyes then you saw his DE left a big gap to run. A DE don't do that in real life and also about the gameplan you put it to CON then your coverage won't come up to play the Qb along with the spy. That stops my run and keeps corners, ect in coverage.

Ya and about the dropping back(Witch you heard by word) . You said i dropped back 20 yards everytime, are you serious? 20 whole yards ya right. And I couldn't counter his blitz hardly at all because all my RB's had there catch rating in the low 50's and dropped the ball more than 1/2 the time for a screen. You also said he shouldn't have to call a spy because it takes way to long to audible your LB to spy...

If it don't happen in real life then it don't happen in your dynasty right? Then why does your team get like 11+ 5***** players while the next closest person had like 3-4 (Don't remember). That never happens in real life
I did see the play with my own eyes. It's a saved highlite. Even if he left a gap, he was on the left, you ran right (not through the gap). Deciding to run mid play is fine. I agree with the point about Vick and Colin K. He decided pre play though. As I said, he called a pass play, snapped the ball, as soon as he caught the snap, he ran straight right and toward the line of scrimmage with intent to run. Then, saw the man leave his coverage to come stop him and lofted it over the guys head for a TD. It wasn't a Vick or Colin K drop back, see nothing and take off. It was more or less a bootleg from a pass.

If your RBs aren't catching it, call a WR screen, call a bubble screen, a funnel screen. I highly doubt they dropped it because my RB has terrible hands too and he never drops screens. Was your catching on conservative Mr. "game plans are fool proof"?

Recruiting? Really? You're going to compare recruiting to in game cheesing? Ok, go look at the 5 star recruits in real life and who they committed to. Nearly all of them chose national powerhouses. Yes, 11 of them didn't go to the same school but what do you want me to do? Take the first 5 and say "Sorry, can't take you even though I have more scholarships and needs." Recruiting is fair game because it's not like I'm doing anything cheesy to sign them.....For example, last year's game, people would take a dyn offline and recruit to see what the recruit liked and then use that to sign them in the online dyn. That would be a cheesy recruiting tactic. I'm playing at the same level as everyone else though. Sorry people want to be a Jayhawk and play in a pistol offense.

To the Florida fan, I've found that its the fans who didn't actually attend Florida or college at all for that matter that give them the bad rap. My sister's fiance is a Florida grad/fan and he's cool and knows his stuff. However, I have a friend who is the first one to rub in a Florida win and did not go to college and when Ron Zook walks into a restaurant, I point him out and he is clueless as to who he is and calls him Don Zook after I say Ron Zook.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaRomeo164
Nice joke. Don't forget a 2008 Orange Bowl victory or a 76-39 loss to Kansas there Mr Cornhusker.
f
It was a joke. And dont go there jayhawk. Im not going to bring up one or two victories on a basketball board.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #19
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrice25
man, if u dont get along with the peeps in the OD just drop out!!!

i like to play with my friends or in ODs with few rules, not because i cheese, but because i have found that the more rules the more anal and crybaby the league becomes.

unless its a glitch in the game most things can be countered (5 wides is tough though!)

guy had a running QB, he should be able to run.... if i was the other guy, i woulda made him pass the ball out of the pocket, just QB contain, see if he can sit in the pocket, throw a CB blitz in every once in a while, just mix it up.

oh, and ima Gator fan!!!! how dare u diss the GOAT fanbase!!!!

naaw i know we got alot of dumb fans lol
See yet another person sees what I'm saying. Everything has a counter, if it didn't everyone in the world would go online and just win everytime. Sense he says defense is non existing( It is for the most part but this guy just makes the defense sound like there not even on the feild).

The guy I played didn't spy so I made him pay plus the DE thing where he would leave a gap. If that's against the rules I guess I would be guilty. But I would bet money almost anybody would take off and run if they saw that hole, what was I supposed to do? Say " HEY THERE'S A FREE RUN FOR 20+ YARDS BUT WAIT I FORGOT HE CAN PLAY DUMB BECAUSE I'M NOT ALLOWED TO RUN" . In real if a fast Qb saw that he would hit that everytime

That's just nuts if you ask me
Old 03-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
See yet another person sees what I'm saying. Everything has a counter, if it didn't everyone in the world would go online and just win everytime. Sense he says defense is non existing( It is for the most part but this guy just makes the defense sound like there not even on the feild).

The guy I played didn't spy so I made him pay plus the DE thing where he would leave a gap. If that's against the rules I guess I would be guilty. But I would bet money almost anybody would take off and run if they saw that hole, what was I supposed to do? Say " HEY THERE'S A FREE RUN FOR 20+ YARDS BUT WAIT I FORGOT HE CAN PLAY DUMB BECAUSE I'M NOT ALLOWED TO RUN" . In real if a fast Qb saw that he would hit that everytime

That's just nuts if you ask me
Nebraska, I know, I was giving you crap. But we have our one powerhouse year of 08, that's all I'm saying haha.

You're still not understanding me gator. You didn't see a hole and take off through it. You scrambled to the outside before a hole could even develop and there is no "hole" on the outside. It's the outside. The line is inside. He sees your point because you keep making it seem like you dropped back and then saw a hole. You didn't drop back, you just snapped and ran.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 11

is there a link to the highlight?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #22
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Idk he probably already advanced to next season so maybe you still can.

So I ran but there was no hole? How's that work? I turn ghost and run through the guy.. He was running outside almost all game with his DE and spinning off the tackle almost every other play so if he was gonna do it all game and be predictible and run no spy then I was gonna burn him.

I could understand you saying I was cheesing if the guy was making even 1/2 a attempt to stop it, but he wasn't..

No spy, No contain, no nothing...
Old 03-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Gator, congrats on the win. I was looking forward to playing you next season in a rematch. I lost the game by my QB imploding with 2:30 seconds left in the fourth. I wasn't mad that I lost, but I was the first user that you had played and I thought you might want to know if there was anything that might cause you trouble from other users. That is all.

I will upload the highlight if everyone wants to see it.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:20 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Idk he probably already advanced to next season so maybe you still can.

So I ran but there was no hole? How's that work? I turn ghost and run through the guy.. He was running outside almost all game with his DE and spinning off the tackle almost every other play so if he was gonna do it all game and be predictible and run no spy then I was gonna burn him.

I could understand you saying I was cheesing if the guy was making even 1/2 a attempt to stop it, but he wasn't..

No spy, No contain, no nothing...
It leaves an even bigger gap when the DE sprints into the flats and if you are running 3 or 4 wides the majority of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »