Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #2: Nickel Normal Cover 6

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #2: Nickel Normal Cover 6 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2011, 07:12 PM   #25
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #2

If the zone defense is fixed in '12, then this play would be perfect after you hot route the ROLB to hit the buzz zone and have a DT hit the hook
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1
Man some of ya so simple minded lol... What difference do "new plays" mean if the OLD plays dont even work right? Players couldnt correctly cover the zones last year. IMO, this is another ZERO for improvement. See EA know this will fool casual gamers, ima TRUE FOOTBALL and GAMER and this isnt flying. Until i hear something and SEE something about ON FIELD improvement, im not going to be impressed AT ALL!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #27
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Question i keep seeing people say that they are a "TRUE FOOTBALL GAMER" . My question is if you haven't bought a game in years how are you football gamer you would have to play football video games right
Old 03-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #28
Rookie

TIGERPRIDE08's Arena

OVR: 2
I like this coverage but this seems more of a situational play they need to make it where you can make your own plays that would be insane lol
Old 03-15-2011, 11:29 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

The play should probably be flipped, so your FS who typically has more range than the SS is the one covering half the field while the SS is only responsible for a quarter
Old 03-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #30
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

This play looks awesome

but anyword on new formations ??? Such as :

3-5-3

33 stack
5-2 defense

38 defense (split middle)

2-5 defense

and 6-1 defense

or atleast to be able to package in to these formations ex (putting in extra Safeties for LB's and LB's for DL ......etc)

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Old 03-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
I like the fact they are offering my zone coverages, but it doesn't mean jack if the cb doesn't cover right . In all zone coverages you want to push wr toward sidelines and it never happens . They can include all the coverages and blitzes they want but the cpu can't play man or cover the right way its just going to be a mess.
I agree with you and others that, while the coverage may look good, it does not matter unless the defense plays their responsibilty correctly.

I disagree that the CB always wants to force the receiver to the sideline, as it depends on the coverage called. For example, in Cover 2 the CB would want to come down and jam the outside receiver inside and the LB/NB would want to jam the inside/slot receiver outside of the seem, in an effort to funnel the receivers to the safety overtop. If the CB lets the receiver outside of him, that is when the sideline window opens up. The same could be said for a any type of "Squat" or "Cloud" coverage where the corner has flat responsibilty because it then becomes the safety's job to get overtop and when you have safety's playing on the hash, you have to give them a chance to get position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #2: Nickel Normal Cover 6

While not something we haven't seen, the thing that really gets me with Base coverages in EA football games is they are not evenly distributed across every front. All base coverages should be apart of every front. For instance, I should not have to use hot routes to get cover 2 QB Spy with the CB's in buzz zones if I want that for 3-4 Predator or any other 3-4 front outside of normal. That base coverage should be evenly distributed across all fronts. This cover 6 for instance, it should be in the Nickel, Dime, Quarter, Dollar, 4-3 (all fronts), 3-4 (all fronts). It is a base coverage. What should be unique to playbooks is blitzes and different versions of base coverages (IMO). What if I want this cover 6 to be my base coverage and I want to scheme around it? Am I going to just be left to do that in Nickel? That cuts the gamer and their creativity on defense off IMO. Obviously, you wouldn't run cover 6 every play. There are some calculated risks you have to make given certain situations, but until I am in those situations and if cover 6 is working for me, I should be able to use it and not have to be in Nickel to use it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »