Home

Just Got Outran By A....

This is a discussion on Just Got Outran By A.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Just Got Outran By A....

The reason why the offensive players don't really chase down defenders on their own during a turnover is because the pursuit ratings of the offensive players are very low......i think they are set low intentionally every year by EA to create more big plays during a turnover. This is the case in both Madden and NCAA Football

you won't find very many offensive players with a pursuit rating above 40

as for the actual speed of the DT vs the WR if he got a head start and he has 82 speed vs the WR's 86 speed depending on your speed threshold it's possible that the DT could maintain his edge on the WR down the field

RB Ability slider effects all players with the ball in their hands which is why i only use at default 50 with 25 speed threshold

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 03-16-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:08 PM   #10
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

as for the actual speed of the DT vs the WR if he got a head start and he has 82 speed vs the WR's 86 speed depending on your speed threshold it's possible that the DT could maintain his edge on the WR down the field

RB Ability slider effects all players with the ball in their hands which is why i only use at default 50 with 25 speed threshold
But with locomotion that 94 acceleration should mean something

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 03-16-2011, 11:28 PM   #11
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates946
It means that the WR will get to his top speed faster, maybe after 7 yards, while the DT will get to his top speed a little slower, after 12 yards or so (those are arbitrary numbers, I have no idea how fast they get to top speed). But it's not a certainty that an 87 speed guy will be able to catch an 82 speed guy who has a head start.

Fatigue could have also played a part in this. If that was a backup DT who hadn't played much that game and a WR who had played a lot, the top speeds could have been different at that time. I don't know if fatigue actually works like that in the game, but just a thought
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
That acceleration if i'm correct only applies within the 1st 10 yards i believe...it determines how fast a player gets up to maximum speed

so if the DT had a head start and the WR had to fight through a few blocks before he could even give chase to the DT i can see how the DT maintained his distance without caughting get

also i really believe pursuit ratings helps the defensive players to always come up with pick 6's or fumble return for TD's in both Madden and NCAA

I have modified pursuit ratings at 99 for all Wr's and RB's and they definetly chase down players much better during turnovers even on their own....

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 03-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 32
Yeah, I have noticed this. It seems that linebackers in particular have this extreme boost in speed after picking up a fumble or picking a pass. It is strange! Funny though, I don't see the same type of game behavior with other defensive positions. Great example: my 300 lb defensive tackle picked one off the other night in open field. He was run down by a running back after about 15 yards... it looked really good
Old 03-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #14

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

What was the fatigue situation?

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 03-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
It meant he was able to turn around from blocking the CB and catch up within 5 yards of the DT qucikyl

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #16
Rookie

BamBam_db's Arena

OVR: 2

Great Discussion guys very interesting points of view.

In regards to the fatigue situation my Receiver was just put in because of the formation i believe. He was my 3rd WR and i was not running any kind of no huddle at the time, so as un-fatigued as he probably should be.

I was thinking it could be the result of some sort of predetermined thing. Like the distance between the players to start off effects how fast they could be? Im not sure how logical this sounds to everyone else but it is something that i could see being possible. Sort of like a "Robo QB" type of thing but on a smaller scale. Not really sure.
"If you don't write checks how you pay these guys?"
"Straight cash homie."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »