Home

Why do people continue to purchase football games?

This is a discussion on Why do people continue to purchase football games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Why do people continue to purchase football games?

I have not bought a damn football game since madden 2003 and at that point I was about 8 years old and did not understand what football should really be. Yes I have played the NCAA's and Madden's but this is only done through demos and going to other peoples houses. I do understand that other people have an opinion on the game that are not mine and they think these games are fun but I believe if you guys continue to give your money away for these games we will continue to receive trash. At this point in gaming all football games should have a real time physics engine and no more pre canned tackles. What I am trying to get to is stop buying games that DO NOT RESEMBLE THE SPORT IN THE SLIGHTEST. MLB THE SHOW comes closest to resmbling the sport and with much improved graphics would be almost real. COME ON EA. Just ranting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Why do people continue to purchase football games?

Because I'm a huge fan of sports and I gotta get my fix..

And there not as bad as people make them out to be, sure they could be better but me and my friends have had a blast playing Ncaa.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Cause I like playing football games
Old 03-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Football is the number 1 sport in North America. I have played football games since I first got a NES for Christmas in 1987. I played Temco Bowl and was hooked. As I grew older I only enjoyed football and basketball games. I first played the NCAA series in 1998 and became hooked. I love the game. While I wish we had things that have made there way into other games I still enjoy the NCAA series. I don't play video games thinking it should equal me playing football. It's a video game. While it does get frustrating when things don't work right I do remember it is just a game meant for pleasure. I don't try to live my football fantasy through the game. I simple play it as a release from my day. If I want real life football then I will just go to work, I coach high school kids, or I will watch a game. If I want to relax and just clear my mind then I will turn on a game of NCAA and play my dynasty. I come to this site to offer a voice to EA so they can make the game better. My biggest thing is features. While NCAA 11 had some game play flaws, most were due to patches. The out of box game was not that bad.

We are all entitled to our own opinions. If you feel the best way to get a better product is by not purchasing it then that is you. I still enjoy the game for what it is, a video game. I'm sure come July 14th or so I will make my way to a Game Stop and purchase NCAA 12 just like I have since NCAA 98. I'm sure I will play it for a few months and then go back to playing Choops2k8 just like I have the past 4 years.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by zFeDoR
I have not bought a damn football game since madden 2003 and at that point I was about 8 years old and did not understand what football should really be. Yes I have played the NCAA's and Madden's but this is only done through demos and going to other peoples houses. I do understand that other people have an opinion on the game that are not mine and they think these games are fun but I believe if you guys continue to give your money away for these games we will continue to receive trash. At this point in gaming all football games should have a real time physics engine and no more pre canned tackles. What I am trying to get to is stop buying games that DO NOT RESEMBLE THE SPORT IN THE SLIGHTEST. MLB THE SHOW comes closest to resmbling the sport and with much improved graphics would be almost real. COME ON EA. Just ranting.
two words.. "Online Dynasty"

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zFeDoR
This post is so damn ridiculous. All you little punks that bitch and complain about these games are so spoiled. Try living in the 80's when all you had for football console games were little squares running up and down the field. Or 4 vs 4. The games today are amazing. You don't realize how good you have it these days.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
This post is so damn ridiculous. All you little punks that bitch and complain about these games are so spoiled. Try living in the 80's when all you had for football console games were little squares running up and down the field. Or 4 vs 4. The games today are amazing. You don't realize how good you have it these days.

Or the seventies------electric football anyone?
Old 03-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
You act like a pimp slapped your mother. I am not content with something I know can be better. Deal with it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »