Home

Hurry up offense

This is a discussion on Hurry up offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #9
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Hurry up offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee
They need to fix this for online play next year. You should be about to no huddle from a 2TE, 1FB, 2WR, 1HB formation to a five wide setup. There should be some sort of waiting on appropriate players being substituted in before the snap.
Agreed. However, one of the main objectives of hurryup is to prevent the defense from substituting. So rather than have a delay from substituting, there should be restrictions on what formations you can use during a hurryup sequence.

For example, if you are running a 4-wide set, you shouldn't be able to hurryup and change to goal line or a 2-TE set (where obviously you would have WRs at the TE spots). You should be restricted to 4 and 5 wide sets during the sequence.

And likewise, if you are running a set with tight ends, you should be restricted to no more than a 3 WR set.

I'm not saying this is definitely how it should be, but it is an idea to prevent unrealistic hurryup abuse, and in the case of this thread, AI goofs where you have a HB trying to be Peyton Manning at QB.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #10
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
My only complaint with this feature is that it is done far too quickly. There is a difference between a no-huddle offense and a two minute offense.

Speaking of the two minute offense, how ridiculous is it when the CPU players line up in like two seconds when in their two minute offense? It's pretty awful.
I agree with this. Maybe they need more clock run off if you huddle.

To the point some of the people have made about not needing to mash the triangle (or in my case Y) after every play I thought the gameplan option to aggresive clock management would provide this but I've never used it. If it doesnt automatically make it no huddle all the time what does it do?
Old 03-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #11
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99
I agree with this. Maybe they need more clock run off if you huddle.

To the point some of the people have made about not needing to mash the triangle (or in my case Y) after every play I thought the gameplan option to aggresive clock management would provide this but I've never used it. If it doesnt automatically make it no huddle all the time what does it do?
It might make the players move back even faster to the line but thats what you hold down x (on ps3) for so i dont know what the aggressive setting does in. I guess ill have to check itout.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #12
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

Although not totally along your lines I too have a big gripe about clock management.

The cpu/ai has no clue about time of possession. Every team comes out of the huddle at the 30 second mark on the playclock, they normal snap the ball at the 25-22 seconds thus not using about 20 seconds, your lucky that this year they may fake hike every now and then.

I watched one of my dvd's the other day of Texas Tech vs Texas. Tech as we all know ran a no huddle aggressive pass system, yet even with the no huddle they still took their time to line up bark out signals and make adjustments. Not once did I see them snap the ball with more than 15 seconds on the play clock, alot of times it was under 10 before the snap. But in this game everything is a hurry up.

The no-huddle offense is usually employed as part of a hurry-up offense, but it is not necessarily an attempt to snap the ball quicker. Rather, the lack of huddle allows the offense to threaten to snap the ball quickly, denying the defending team time to substitute players and communicate effectively between coaches and players.

What the cpu/ai is running is a 2 minute offense not a no huddle offense there is a difference.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #13
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavar
Although not totally along your lines I too have a big gripe about clock management.

The cpu/ai has no clue about time of possession. Every team comes out of the huddle at the 30 second mark on the playclock, they normal snap the ball at the 25-22 seconds thus not using about 20 seconds, your lucky that this year they may fake hike every now and then.

I watched one of my dvd's the other day of Texas Tech vs Texas. Tech as we all know ran a no huddle aggressive pass system, yet even with the no huddle they still took their time to line up bark out signals and make adjustments. Not once did I see them snap the ball with more than 15 seconds on the play clock, alot of times it was under 10 before the snap. But in this game everything is a hurry up.

The no-huddle offense is usually employed as part of a hurry-up offense, but it is not necessarily an attempt to snap the ball quicker. Rather, the lack of huddle allows the offense to threaten to snap the ball quickly, denying the defending team time to substitute players and communicate effectively between coaches and players.

What the cpu/ai is running is a 2 minute offense not a no huddle offense there is a difference.
I didnt think of it that way but thats a very good point. And like you said along witha few other people. There is a difference between no-huddle and hurry up and hopefully, maybe EA got the two seperated and figured out.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 03-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderl33t
Agreed. However, one of the main objectives of hurryup is to prevent the defense from substituting. So rather than have a delay from substituting, there should be restrictions on what formations you can use during a hurryup sequence.

For example, if you are running a 4-wide set, you shouldn't be able to hurryup and change to goal line or a 2-TE set (where obviously you would have WRs at the TE spots). You should be restricted to 4 and 5 wide sets during the sequence.

And likewise, if you are running a set with tight ends, you should be restricted to no more than a 3 WR set.

I'm not saying this is definitely how it should be, but it is an idea to prevent unrealistic hurryup abuse, and in the case of this thread, AI goofs where you have a HB trying to be Peyton Manning at QB.
This pissed the crap outta me. I hated seeing 5'8'' WRs playing FB for consectuive plays because the CPU wanted to run no huddle/hurry up. It is a feature that needs serious tweaking. Some of you have great ideas...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »