Home

why is it jordan la secla can post 200+ yards against my bama d?

This is a discussion on why is it jordan la secla can post 200+ yards against my bama d? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2011, 11:07 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: why is it jordan la secla can post 200+ yards against my bama d?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I don't understand what the issue here is at all...
Because there is no problem. Just because its SJST doesn't mean the QB is terrible
Old 03-20-2011, 11:12 PM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetarguy
But it's San Jose state. I know just because of who you play as that diesnt guarantee anything, but bad players should play bad.
For an FBS quarterback, those numbers are bad, unless the SJSU offense is running for 150+ a game (I have no idea what their offensive philosophy is). Particularly that last game which is atrocious by the numbers.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 03-20-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
For an FBS quarterback, those numbers are bad, unless the SJSU offense is running for 150+ a game (I have no idea what their offensive philosophy is). Particularly that last game which is atrocious by the numbers.
The last game was pretty bad. But Jordan La Secla isn't even that great of a QB. Its just for the caliber of QB that he is going against the caliber of defense that my team is those numbers should be anywhere near that. Sean Renfree (spell that right?) just posted 400 yards on me. Hes really no that good (except that insane performance against Navy). It seams like players don't perform like their ratings at all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2011, 12:24 AM   #12
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
The last game was pretty bad. But Jordan La Secla isn't even that great of a QB. Its just for the caliber of QB that he is going against the caliber of defense that my team is those numbers should be anywhere near that. Sean Renfree (spell that right?) just posted 400 yards on me. Hes really no that good (except that insane performance against Navy). It seams like players don't perform like their ratings at all
As an ACC football fan (for better or worse), Renfree from Duke is plenty capable. I forget how he is rated on the game, however.

What difficulty are you playing? How long are your quarters? What defense do you typically play? What's your playcalling like, and does it suit your personnel (i.e. man coverage vs zone coverage, blitz frequency, playcalling variance)? What defensive position do you typically play as? There are many things you can do if you're not seeing the results you like from this game, but to simply say "so-and-so is posting what I think are unrealistic numbers" doesn't narrow down the problem enough.

My first impression for you would be that if you aren't happy with the pass defense, you should up the human pass defense slider a click, play some more games, and compare the results. Repeat until you think the game is more fair but still challenging.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #13
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Are you beating them soundly? If you're crushing a team, they're going to post a lot of passing yards because they'll be going for big plays and passing almost every play. Duke runs no huddle, so passing yards can add up in a hurry due to a fatigued defense as well.

I play with ACC teams almost exclusively, so I know that Renfree isn't that bad. Yes, it's Duke, but Radcliffe is making them into a team that will finish in the top 100 at the end of the year. (Did you really think I'd give Duke credit? Look at my avatar.)
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 03-22-2011, 12:06 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

Only thing is a high yards per completion. I don't know if you are playing aggressively or what, but cool it on the blitzes and stick to cover 2 zone or man coverage with the safeties deep or something. It seems like when I play that style of D, the CPU checks down or throws more short passes. With Alabama's D being as good as it is, you shouldn't have to worry about many yards after the catch, and then he'll probably have pretty mediocre stats.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:10 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

La Secla averaged 220 yards/game last year with a 59 completion %. Just cause he had a weak game (7/14 85 yds 1 int) against bama IRL doesn't make him a bad QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »