Home

Can all the plays please work?

This is a discussion on Can all the plays please work? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Can all the plays please work?

Why do the developers dictate what plays work and don't work? I think the ratings of the players and the plays called should do that. I shouldn't have to adjust sliders for plays to work in a balance. Also Zone is not as broke as ppl think it is. The pass rush is probably the problem with the zone. I can see it being so much better when they fix the pass rush.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Zone is not as broke as ppl think it is.
Umm... yes, it is. I agree that the pass rush from the defensive line is inadequate, but zone coverage is completely broken.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Can all the plays please work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoFantastic
Umm... yes, it is. I agree that the pass rush from the defensive line is inadequate, but zone coverage is completely broken.
As someone who played zone coverage nearly exclusively in NCAA 2011 (and with Virginia no less), I wholeheartedly disagree. I enjoyed a good deal of success playing zone (not perfection, mind you), though I will say that I rarely played on a defensive lineman when doing so.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
As someone who played zone coverage nearly exclusively in NCAA 2011 (and with Virginia no less), I wholeheartedly disagree. I enjoyed a good deal of success playing zone (not perfection, mind you), though I will say that I rarely played on a defensive lineman when doing so.
If you run max coverage zones. Thats why the pass rush is a problem because you never get to the QB but the defense actually is solid with coverage. Coming from a person who destroyed zone players in NCAA 2010 when they worked well, People who run Zone in NCAA 2011 playing against good people don't have a chance. I will run plays like curl flats, dagger, and strong flood and pick you apart.

If you are a good player which I sense you are you probably play against people who see a lot of man coverage and run drags and crossing routes but even last years zones got destroyed without a pass rush. This years don't stand a chance. There is just no way to disguise the coverage because of the camera angle. I used to run all kinds of exotic zones last year. Defense has devolved into 4 or 5 plays for just about everyone now because you can't have any holes because it will be glaringly obvious.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

In all fairness, you can eat anyone out there alive with strong flood. That play is disgustingly effective without being broke.

One of the few, effective, non cheese plays IMO. It works that well in real life too.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 3

What formations is the play strong flood in?
Old 03-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #7
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
What formations is the play strong flood in?
A lot of formations with 3 players on one side. Like two WR and a TE on one side.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »