Home

EA has no reason to create a realistic long dynasty mode

This is a discussion on EA has no reason to create a realistic long dynasty mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #17
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4
Interesting discussion. Our dynasty is in year 2023 and would be in year 2027 had we not rebooted the dynasty after year 4. One thing I've found is that if you keep recruiting on Heisman the CPU won't fall off as quickly or as completely. We have had CPU teams sprinkle the top ten recruiting classes every year since going to Heisman recruiting. The group we have has been playing online dynasties together since NCAA 09 and we've gone 15-20 seasons every year. Having a commissioner that aggressively pushes the schedule helps keep things moving.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #18
Rookie

Vikefan24's Arena

Re: EA has no reason to create a realistic long dynasty mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
Why does everyone seem to forget that people, myself included, will spend years in their own offline dynasty?

No one is saying people don't do this.. It's just that the total percentage of players that do this out of the total number than buy the game is very small..
Old 03-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 1

My old college buddies and I have played online dynasty for 3 straight years. When the new game comes out, we just start a new dynasty and play for the full year until the next game comes out. We probably get through about 10 seasons per game.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #20
Rookie

Dirt DiverX's Arena

OVR: 3

I am in a 2 man dynasty with a buddy of mine. We are in year 7 and I can attest to the wonked cpu recruiting logic. I was at Miami for 5 years (4 undefeated with only 1 BCS title to show for it which tells you the poll logic is jacked up). I left Miami for Georgia and they had 8 QBs on their roster, with only 2 being above 74 OVR. I looked at Miami's roster a season later (the first and only year the cpu could recruit for them due to me leaving) and they had 11 QBs on their roster. Just this season they have signed 2 kickers and 2 punters. The logic is messed up. We recruit on All- American and play on Heisman. It isn't a matter of if the online dynasty logic is broken it's how many different ways it is broken. From the cpu recruiting, to the poll logic, to the fact that teams can't hit FGs after year 4 it is all messed up.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #21
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcha
Interesting discussion. Our dynasty is in year 2023 and would be in year 2027 had we not rebooted the dynasty after year 4. One thing I've found is that if you keep recruiting on Heisman the CPU won't fall off as quickly or as completely. We have had CPU teams sprinkle the top ten recruiting classes every year since going to Heisman recruiting. The group we have has been playing online dynasties together since NCAA 09 and we've gone 15-20 seasons every year. Having a commissioner that aggressively pushes the schedule helps keep things moving.
Exactly. I've played probably 60 plus years of Online dynasty the last 3 years. We have a great commissioner. We also had 8 or more people pretty much at all times. This year was pretty bad though. There are so many bugs that it became very bad as well as the total and complete lack of depth in the talent pool. People who have never gotten close to winning championships in previous years would breeze through because they would get a high acceleration RB and no one could stop them for an entire game.

The recruits have to be deeper (3 stars have to be viable starters for big boy programs), they have to test the dynasty past the default players, and they have to make sure there are no bugs that ruin dynasties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #22
MVP

poopoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
Why does EA seem to forget the people, myself included, who spend years in their own offline dynasty?

Fixed your post.

Ea is mostly going to cater to the average gamer in the end. The average gamer doesn't play long dynasties, that's the problem.
----

And the issue ISN'T the computer having highly ranked classes. The issue is the computer not understanding how to recruit for need and add depth in appropriate places.

The formula they use to rank classes is a bit misleading. If I signed 2 5 star QBs, and 5 4 star QBs and 10 3 star QBs every year...and used walk ons at every other position, I'd always have a highly ranked class. Despite it being constructed terribly.

Last edited by poopoop; 03-22-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #23
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

A lot of people quit because after about two season, Dynasty isnt fresh. Its repetitive. I try to stay into it but its the same ol. Commentary, pre game trash and post game trash. Thats why presentation has to improve.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:08 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 5

Give me a coaching carousel and better recruits and that adds like 5 years at least to my dynasties. My good dynasties last 5-8 years and then I get bored. Why? Everything stays the same. Same coaches, recruits with low acceleration, easy to build up small schools, conferences get boring, etc... Give me a dynasty with coaching carousel, better recruits, custom playbooks, ability to change all conferences during my dynasty, realistic recruiting by the CPU and stuff like that. That'd be sweet and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get bored.

Last edited by Gloves 82; 03-22-2011 at 05:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »