Home

EA has no reason to create a realistic long dynasty mode

This is a discussion on EA has no reason to create a realistic long dynasty mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA has no reason to create a realistic long dynasty mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcloudgopher
Hey, someone remembered that thread!

I've been trying to get to the 40-year update, but I'm not home but one day every two weeks or so due to a new job. At some point I'll get my Box and game to my new location and get it done, but right now, it's going to have to wait.
That thread is great: it gave good insight on how screwed up the game gets later on. Great job on that!

If the CPU logic was improved. Not even the A SPD D ACC recruits, just the logic, the dynasty would be ten times better in those later years.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:08 AM   #50
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm always frustrated by how easy it is to win. In NBA 2K11, as the Atlanta Hawks who have a good roster with 3 starters in the 80s and a backup who can easily go to 80 during an association, I never know that I'm going to win. I could win over the Heat by 15 one game, then get dominated by the 76ers the next. I could be down by 12 to the Mavs, then come back and take over late in the 4th and win by 5. It feels a lot more organic. In NCAA, if you play all your games...unless the other team is a lot better than you, you are probably going to win. In one dynasty as UF I hadn't lost a game...I was like 26-0. That got really stale. And I use Playmakers slow speed varsity sliders, which can be a challenge. The only time I got the organic gameplay feeling was when I was Western Kentucky. And even that was a little stale because my defense always was garbage but my offense would put up world beater numbers. Part of it I think is player ratings. There's one THA rating. In NBA, there's a close shot rating, a dunk rating, a layup rating, a 3 pt rating, a mid range rating, a shoot from dribble rating...there's a lot of variety. NCAA could help this by having the madden style throw accuracy. Short, medium and long. I really hope they put it in this year. I feel like its a MILLION times better than the current one rating system.

Also stcloudgopher sounds like a top secret government agent
Old 03-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #51
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
And I use Playmakers slow speed varsity sliders, which can be a challenge.
even though you're using sliders, varsity is still going to be easy. not judging- play on whatever level you like, just sayin'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #52
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Varsity even with sliders is really easy.

To be fair though, I think varsity is the "purest" difficulty level because the CPU doesn't get bonuses. I could be wrong though. I know for a fact on Heisman CPU players run faster and play above their ratings. Nothing more bizarre than seeing my 96 spd, 95 acc QB get chased down after 30 yards by a DT who had horrible speed/acceleration ratings.

When you lose because the CPU refuses to be tackled, or makes unrealistic plays due to jacked ratings it doesn't have that "organic" feel. It feels cheap. I actually enjoy losing, if I know the outcome of my games before I even play them, I lose interest in playing. I just wish NCAA could provide this feeling w/o me having to give the CPU unrealistic advantages.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #53
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah the varsity seems the easiest because the AI doesn't get to cheat. Or not as much. Which would be nice if we could get AI that didn't have to cheat to beat a human older than 8 years old. Not with this short development cycle, though..
Old 04-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #54
Banned

sundevildave's Arena

OVR: 5

You might want to set up a dynasty with people you actually know. I am the commish in a six man dynasty, going into year six. We all represent a different conference and match-up nicely in bowl games at the end of every year. It is difficult at times to get "that last guy" to play his game and recruit, but its easier when you actually know the people in your dynasty and can give them a call/txt. if they are slowing down the season. Now that everyone's team is a contender, we are going to play for money next year.

Its not perfect, and we've had issues with games locking up, but overall it has gone a lot better than some have complained about here on the OS forums.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #55
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm in an OD thats in year 7, I also ran an OD that made it to year 4 before I got tired of it. Both had at least 8 people at all times.

The point isn't that it's impossible to find a long OD, the point is I believe the perception on EA's end is that people don't generally play long dynasties. So EA isn't likely to make sure their dynasty mode still functions once you get a few years deep into it. They can get away with it because not that many people will notice.

I think the people who do play long dynasties end up getting the short end of the stick because of this, and we have to deal with bizarre polls, a poor recruit generator, CPU lineups that make no sense, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #56
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

i will say this, the amount of OD's past season 2 dropped dramatically, but a side note to that is if the OD made it past 2 seasons it usually went much deeper.

And this comment was also made about a version that is soon to be 2 years old. I think OD play has become a much more popular game mode this last year.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »