Home

Are We Back To Playing Second Fiddle Again?

This is a discussion on Are We Back To Playing Second Fiddle Again? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Are We Back To Playing Second Fiddle Again?

I look over at Madden's board and they have announced among other features, custom playbooks, and have released a teaser video (not much there, but more than we have). I just do not understand how Madden always has more information out, last year being the exception, then NCAA when NCAA releases a month earlier. I mean was EA so dissapointed in Madden sales that they told NCAA they had to hold back (sarcasm)? Maybe it is just me, but I am getting concerned that the only thing to be announced are dreads and that there are at least 25 new plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Are We Back To Playing Second Fiddle Again?

I think the Madden devs have always been more active with the community. Hasn't always led to a better game, IMO. I wouldn't freak out just yet.

Sideshow Bob
Old 03-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 34

pa·tience

–noun 1. the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.

2. an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with a slow learner.

3. quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence: to work with patience.

4. Cards (chiefly British ) . solitaire ( def. 1 ) .

5. Also called patience dock . a European dock, Rumex patientia, of the buckwheat family, whose leaves are often used as a vegetable.

6. Obsolete . leave; permission; sufference.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Patience really doesn't have much to do with it for me. I'll buy the game regardless but it does seem as if the NCAA team is not very organized with its efforts to get info out about the game.

The "first image" was released and they were supposed to say what was changed in the picture the next day. I've looked all over the stupid internet and can't find anything on that... (official) I've seen plenty of people's opinions but I can't find where EA released the official list. If they ever did, they sure didn't make it easy to find.

The "first blog" has been up for well over a week with no new updates. Seems like the only thing they're keeping up with is the 25 plays thing.

The question has nothing to do with patience for me, it's "are they doing a good job publicizing their game and getting us fired up about it or not," and at this point it's a resounding no.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #5
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Well maybe they have some great stuff in store for us. Just wait. Im already excited after seeing that simple video and the screenshots
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Madden has a much larger fan base and image to maintain than NCAA does.

NCAA will always be second fiddle in EA's eyes.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

the teaser was for both games, what madden gets ncaa gets, sort of...

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 03-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
the teaser was for both games, what madden gets ncaa gets, sort of...
next game. Pro Tak, any major feature that is shared. I guess it is a way to see how the fans will react. NCAA has been like the younger child who get hand me downs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »