Home

Something I wish NCAA 12 would have, but won't

This is a discussion on Something I wish NCAA 12 would have, but won't within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2011, 07:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Something I wish NCAA 12 would have, but won't

I wish the Redshirt option was fixed. The choice to redshirt a player should come after week 3, not before the season. I also wish they'd add medical redshirts.

This happened to me last night. My Senior WR, who has never been redshirted, broke his collarbone in week 1; he's out 11 weeks. Since I can't choose to redshirt him, his playing days are over.

I've never seen this mentioned on this board before and thought it might get a few responses
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

Re: Something I wish NCAA 12 would have, but won't

I'd love medical redshirts. It comes up every now and then on the forums.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

My Idaho RB got hurt like 10 times is one season. Injuries in this game are busted
Old 03-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Pro

blakty's Arena

OVR: 6

While we're talking about injuries, how bout bringing back the injury slider?
Old 03-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Just like formation subs last year, i think medical redshirts will be in this year because i have heard it mentioned more than a few times on the board. I think their will probably be a blog mentioning all the small additions like their was last year as well with formation subs and half sacks.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

Doing something as simple as adding this (medical redshirt) and expanding the roster sizes to real size would make dynasty so much better.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #7
Rookie

Its a complete and utter joke that medical redshirts are not in this game yet. Its simple programming. Injury? Yes or no. Did it keep player out of a certain percentage of season? Greater than this amount or less. If greater, medical redshirt granted. EA should be able to have a damn intern program this feature.

And no redshirt should not be in week 3. If injury is not involved, a player cannot redshirt if he plays 1 down. Thats all it takes 1 down. Redshirt option is fine where it is.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #8
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
And no redshirt should not be in week 3. If injury is not involved, a player cannot redshirt if he plays 1 down. Thats all it takes 1 down. Redshirt option is fine where it is.
I'm curious how redshirting works in real life in terms of when a player can be declared one. If you are half way into the season and see a guy hasn't played at all, in RL can the coach slap the redshirt tag on him? I realize the game will auto-redshirt a guy who hasn't played all season, but it'd be nice to make a guy a redshirt at any point in the season (assuming he hasn't played a down of course) so that he doesn't inadvertently get put into the lineup by the computer autosubbing or whatnot.

Oh and I think the way the game works is the player loses his redshirt status only if he accumulates any stats. So he could play a few downs but if he doesn't make a tackle or get the ball he's still a redshirt.

Last edited by Bullet Sponge; 03-25-2011 at 11:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »