Home

NCAA Football on Facebook

This is a discussion on NCAA Football on Facebook within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
NCAA Football on Facebook

Assuming that a lot of other people in here spend time on Facebook and follow NCAA Football on there, is anyone else getting incredibly annoyed with NCAA Football filling up my news feed with "vote for the cover" crap?

The simple answer is to just block them from the news feed, but then I won't get the info that I want right away like blog posts (which is why I follow them).

I don't need to see daily posts that say "Who are you going to vote for?" with 100 comments from morons writing "Cam Newton" on them.

I might just be biased because I really don't care who is on the cover. You could put Western Michigan's 3rd string QB on the cover and it wouldn't change my desire to buy the game in any way shape or form. Honestly, they could sell the game to me in a Netflix paper envelope and I'd be cool with that.

Or maybe it's my frustration (and/or lack of patience) with the lack of real information about what is going to be new/improved in the game.

I just feel like the "Vote for the Cover" stuff has been going on for months (I know, it hasn't) and there is still almost another month left.

Just give me a blog post. A screenshot a day. Just drop hints, or hype up a day when the next blog post/announcement is coming. I couldn't care less if Chuck Lidell wants me to vote for Demarco Murray for the stupid cover.

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA Football on Facebook

The whole point of that Facebook page is low cost marketing. We may not care about the cover athlete but there are people out there who aren't interested in the game but would love to see a guy representing their school grace the cover; that's who EA is primarily targeting. People vote, share it on their page, other fans of those schools see it and vote, and just maybe they stick around and read up on the game.

If that doesn't appeal to you (and it sounds like it doesn't) you'd be better off following the OS fan page on Facebook; it's a lost less marketing and a lot more informational.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #3
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football on Facebook

Unlike them on Facebook lol. That simple Just keep up to date on here, gaming tailgate or pastapadre.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »