Home

For those of you considering a 2012 pre-purchase

This is a discussion on For those of you considering a 2012 pre-purchase within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2011, 08:57 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: For those of you considering a 2012 pre-purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
So basically you're saying video games have glitches?

There is always one person in the crowd with their head buried in the sand. The point is not that games have glitches and need the occassional patch. The point is when there are near game breaking problems that make a game unplayable and there is clear lack of response by EA. For example, it took quite a long time to fix the backwards pump fake that made online play impossible on NCAA11, or the Isabella glitch on DA2.

My only point, which fistofrage got, is that if you buy an EA game at launch you will inevitably spend many hours only to find out they were wasted because your dynasty players don't progress well or something else. Until they start testing their games better you're better off waiting than being an uncompensated beta tester.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:57 PM   #18
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3

I buy the NCAA game every year, no matter what. Every game has glitches, the reason for the patches
Old 03-30-2011, 12:23 AM   #19
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
The point, I think, is that there's a huge difference between a game needing a patch to fix a minor gameplay bug or wrong-colored socks or something, and a game being shipped with significant features or game modes having enormous problems. Putting aside the fact that each patch and tuner update for NCAA '11 actually made the gameplay worse, there are still HUGE problems with glitches and bugs in this game that can ruin entire franchises, and those have never been patched. The whole thing just reeks of either total incompetence or wanton disregard for customers by EA.
Who said that was all the other games shipped with? I can think of some complaints that haven't been fixed in pretty much all sports games. And they aren't all minor.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:38 AM   #20
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4
I remember playing football on my atari 2600 with 3 linemen and one back. I could throw the ball through the back of the endzone and have it reappear through the other end of the field. It was awesome. We should bring that back.

OR....pause for affect....we could acknowledge that we as overall consumers set unrealistic expectations by demanding an annual release for these games (key word "games") and then sensationalize each and every bug we find as if it's the cause of H1N1. It's a video game. It gets patched. It's still playable. Is it perfect? Of course not. But is it a reasonable replica of the actual thing? It's reasonable. So enjoy it or don't. Buy it or don't. But to glorify it into some life altering, world changing decision???
Old 03-30-2011, 08:40 AM   #21
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I guess I've been "lucky". I've been getting those rare copies of the these games that weren't "broken". There were some bugs and design flaws that I didn't like about NCAA 11, but it was my favorite NCAA game ever. I also haven't encountered any game altering bugs in DA 2 either, just an occasional crash to the desktop. I am enjoying the game immensely.

Based on these two games, I'm personally more likely to pre-purchase NCAA 2012, but I 100% agree that those folks who feel like they've been burned should wait until the game has been out a month or so before considering a purchase. That way they can avoid being hoodwinked again.

Man, it was tough typing with that sand in my eyes.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #22
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I guess I've been "lucky". I've been getting those rare copies of the these games that weren't "broken". There were some bugs and design flaws that I didn't like about NCAA 11, but it was my favorite NCAA game ever. I also haven't encountered any game altering bugs in DA 2 either, just an occasional crash to the desktop. I am enjoying the game immensely.

Based on these two games, I'm personally more likely to pre-purchase NCAA 2012, but I 100% agree that those folks who feel like they've been burned should wait until the game has been out a month or so before considering a purchase. That way they can avoid being hoodwinked again.

Man, it was tough typing with that sand in my eyes.
Same here. I haven't enjoyed and played a football game this far out of the off-season since I was a kid and played Tecmo Bowl year round. Does the game have some problems? Sure but, every single sports game I've played this gen does. Most of them are minor and can be easily overlooked, IMO. There certainly isn't anything that I would consider to be a major foul up in the game. However, coming here and reading some of the post it would appear that this is the worst game ever.

As for the people that feel like they've been burned then the solution is easy. Either a) don't buy it on day one or b) don't buy it at all. If I felt that I was burned that's what I'd do anyway. If I was on the fence I would read reviews (not off of sites but, of people on OS that I trust) play the demo or rent it so that way I could make an educated buying decision.

Lastly, for people who claim "woe is me, I spent my hard earned $60 on this game, wah, wah, wah (not that there's anyone specifically in this thread but, I've seen it around).... Just wait and find a sale on the game if you really want it. It's not hard if your a savvy shopper. I believe the last time I spent $60 on a sports game was Madden 10 and that's only because I wanted it a few days early. Since then I've always found sales. I got NBA 2K11 about 5 days after it was released for $40. I bought MLB The Show 11 one day after release for $50 and a ton of guys here got it for $35 one day after that. So to complain that you wasted your precious $60 on a sports game that you don't like is no ones fault but, your own.

/rant

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 03-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #23
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

good thing i dont play online dynasty then

but as other have said, unless there is a giveaway thats worth it i dont preorder. You can walk into a store on release day and get the game, its never sold out everywhere so somewhere will have it if for some reason a store does actually sell out.

I understand those that are young and dont have a steady job who might want to pay the game off little by little but i dont fit into that category so paying in full at once is no issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »