Home

Something that MUST get fixed for '12 (concerning dyasties and FILE ERRORS)

This is a discussion on Something that MUST get fixed for '12 (concerning dyasties and FILE ERRORS) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Something that MUST get fixed for '12 (concerning dyasties and FILE ERRORS)

So I know there's things we all want to be fixed (graphically, gameplay wise, etc...) but to me none of those things is as important as making sure that the dynasties actually run CORRECTLY. The frequency of file errors etc.... is just outrageous.

Case in point: I've been playing '11 since August with a group of guys in multiple online dynasties. Here's a *sample* list of the ridiculousness we've had to put up with:

First dynasty (regular teams): commish got locked out after year 1. Had to get kicked and reenter. He had to kick and re-invite many users. After this the majority of people lost the ability to access the website, we limped it out for a couple years, etc...

Second dynasty (teambuilder): This one ran the longest (approx 7 seasons). Throughout (and normally between seasons) we have seen an outrageous number of problems (guys losing recruiting weeks, guys getting locked out during the offseason, not accepting player cuts, system arbitrarily cutting half of a recruiting class, not accepting position switches, etc...). This one basically ended when most everyone got locked out starting the 7th season. We tried kicking and re-inviting, reloading multiple times from backup files, tried different guys restoring backups / being temporary commishes, etc... but it got to a point where guys were still locked out, so we had to scrap it.

Third dynasty (teambuilder, different commish than the first two): Just finished season one. Went through all the offseason stuff (no issues). Get to week one and multiple guys are locked out. One guy was able to get in. He recruited. Exited the online dynasty (not kicked, just exited like normal). Came back in later. Had no recruiting time to use, but no one on his board anymore! So we reloaded from a backup file. All seemed good. A different guy tried to recruit, everything looked fine. He went back later and looked at his list... no time remaining, all recruits were still on his board, but no scholarship offers (and he offered a bunch). We have reloaded a backup file for a THIRD time. So far so good but who knows. Definitely dont have much confidence tho.

~~~

I know we're not the only group of guys that have had these kinds of problems. I just hope that EA makes WHATEVER program they put out actually WORK correctly. To me its almost criminal to put out a product that has got MAJOR bugs like that, and not fix them. This is not an OPINION (I want this feature or that feature), this is simply stating thatif we all are going to go drop $60 on a WORKING PROGRAM, we all should get a WORKING PROGRAM, right?

We all still play because we love the game, and we just deal with all the foolishness as 'known expecteds' (meaning we KNOW that stupid stuff is going to happen and just brace for it)... but it shouldn't be that way.

EA Sports: Please A) Release 2012 with as few bugs as possible, and B) actually FIX them as time goes on (these types of comments have been happening for 10 months now with NO development fixes to speak of)...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »