Home

Why Dynasty Mode is More Important Than Road to Glory

This is a discussion on Why Dynasty Mode is More Important Than Road to Glory within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Mode Do You Want to be the Priority?
Dynasty/Coach Mode 113 97.41%
Road to Glory/Player Mode 3 2.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Why Dynasty Mode is More Important Than Road to Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I can't remember the "become a head coach" once you've completed your career. That must have been before the mode restricted you to controlling your player in 08. I don't remember continuing on as a coach.

But how often, if ever, does that happen? I guess it doesn't have to be realistic since it is a video game. But players don't immediately get coaching jobs in important roles immediately after graduating.
IT was on the Last Gen. NOt really realistic at all, but if there was a ability to become an Off or Def coordinator at an older age after you graduate it would be more realistic
Old 04-11-2011, 03:50 AM   #34
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

The purpose of the post isn't to be dismissive of the importance of players in college football. Coaches teach players, but ultimately it is up to the players to make plays.

It's just that to me in terms of overall direction of a team (long-term, not necessarily just one season) a coach has far more control over that. He controls what type of offense and systems are in place, he controls who they go after in terms of recruiting, he is the one that is held responsible for winning and losing seasons.

I just feel that is the direction that the NCAA franchise should continue to focus on, and make that an elite part of a game before they focus on player modes.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #35
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
IT was on the Last Gen. NOt really realistic at all, but if there was a ability to become an Off or Def coordinator at an older age after you graduate it would be more realistic
The jump to being a head coach is pretty unrealistic.

Former players usually become Graduate Assistants, then get a special teams coordinator or position job, then OC or DC, and then head coach. Obviously some people jump around within there but it would be cool to have that type of coaching progression depth in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »