Home

**NCAA 12 Ratings Predictions Thread**

This is a discussion on **NCAA 12 Ratings Predictions Thread** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2011, 02:38 AM   #57
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: **NCAA 12 Ratings Predictions Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I wonder if they'll make Strauss a Tebow clone again this year? His BTK and other running ratings were randomly through the roof.
They basically took NCAA 09 Jameel Sewell - who they turned into a poor man's Tim Tebow for God-only-knows-what-reason - changed his number, year, and skin color, and bam he was Michael Strauss. Hopefully they're a little more in-depth this year, because Strauss, much less any quarterback that UVa has ever trotted onto the field, is not considered a bruising runner lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiesCavs
UVA:
QB's: Rocco - 80, Metheny - 80, Strauss - 78, Watford - 75
RB's: Jones - 84, Parks - 80
WR's: Burd - 88, Smith - 82, Snyder - 78
Others: Minnifield(CB) - 92, Reynolds(LB) - 84

VT:
QB's: Thomas - 85, Clayton - 82, Young - 78, Leal - 77
RB's: Wilson - 89, Oglesby - 84, Gregory - 80
WR's: Boykin - 90, Coale - 89, Roberts - 85, Davis - 84
Others: Hosley(CB) - 96, Taylor(LB) - 88, Whitley(S) - 85
If Chase Minnifield is not rated as the best cornerback in the ACC then EA is a freaking joke. /homer

I'd be surprised if any of Virginia's quarterbacks were rated above 80, that's where we are hurting this year is inexperience under center. Also we lack RB depth, though our starter Perry Jones should be pretty good, 84 sounds about right. We should have plenty of good depth at wide receiver, and our defense ought to be a tad bit faster and tad bit better than last year, particularly with regard to shifting from a 3-4 defense to a 4-3 defense.

It would not surprise me to see Virginia Tech rated like that, though I think that'd be giving them a ton of slack for a team that is supposed to be young and likely not favored to return to the ACC Championship game at the season's outset. In particular, how do we know the Hokies have good RB depth behind David Wilson? How do we know that Logan Thomas, a guy who practiced at tight end last year, is going to be a good quarterback?

Just my $0.02 as someone who lives in the state with a different perspective.

I echo the hope that maybe EA will in-general use more of the ratings scale.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 04-12-2011 at 02:41 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:01 AM   #58
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wims23
I was just predicting what I think EA will give him. But honestly, taking in all of the hype that has surrounded this kid plus previous freshmen ratings, I would not be surprised if he cracked 90.
He's not even projected to start so if he's a 90 the rest of the SCar dline would have to be even higher and that's not likely. If anything he'll get the Dre Kirkpatrick treatment and get a ridiculous rating his second year.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #59
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
I know everything went OSU's way pretty much that night. Heck even Arkansas super Receiving corps let them down. But I know how that is I don't like watching a game either knowing your team loses. Had to deal with that alot with Florida last year
the WORST feeling was the fish fumble in the '06 SECCG though...sometimes i think we're cursed
Old 04-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #60
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohogs141
the WORST feeling was the fish fumble in the '06 SECCG though...sometimes i think we're cursed
Lol ya i remember that it was after Arkansas made a comeback to,Should have never even tried to catch it. If Arkansas would have had a better QB than Dick they would have been hard to beat.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #61
Rookie

wims23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
He's not even projected to start so if he's a 90 the rest of the SCar dline would have to be even higher and that's not likely. If anything he'll get the Dre Kirkpatrick treatment and get a ridiculous rating his second year.
What are you basing that on? Spring depth charts?
I guarantee he takes the first defensive snap against ECU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #62
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wims23
What are you basing that on? Spring depth charts?
I guarantee he takes the first defensive snap against ECU.
Ya but that's ECU.. Just like I'm sure your violation invested QB will be back for the big games that count just so they can say they punished him, but don't wanna risk losses.

I heard once he gets violation #10 a stern letter will be wrote to his parents about how he is bad but will still start because we don't wanna risk any losses lol
Old 04-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #63
Rookie

wims23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Ya but that's ECU.. Just like I'm sure your violation invested QB will be back for the big games that count just so they can say they punished him, but don't wanna risk losses.

I heard once he gets violation #10 a stern letter will be wrote to his parents about how he is bad but will still start because we don't wanna risk any losses lol
No Gamecocks love today huh?

The SEC is the SEC my friend.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 10

I see Purdue coming in at B's and C's (like always haha). In real life, I would have Rob Henry starting, Marve at back-up, but I bet Marve will actually be the starter.... The good news for Purdue is that they get 2 pretty easy weeks to start us off. Mid Tenn State, then we travel to Houston to take on Rice. I forget the week 3 game, but I think it's a gimme as well. If we play things right, we should be 3-0, and really compete with Notre Dame.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »