Home

50 Greatest Traditions of College Football

This is a discussion on 50 Greatest Traditions of College Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thumbs up 50 Greatest Traditions of College Football

Found the following...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...ootball#page/1

EA should be looking to add a large number of these things to the game. They're pushing Tradition and Pagentry, well this list as it all. Having played MLB - The Show, where the little details are all over the game, this is the type of stuff EA needs to add to improve atmosphere in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 50 Greatest Traditions of College Football

This guy seriously left out Howard's Rock?...which probably belongs in the top 3....and what about Corso's head gear?
Old 04-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Id crap my pants if these were put into the game
Old 04-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9
Thumbs up Re: 50 Greatest Traditions of College Football

Dotting the "i" really only 11? That I thought was a top 3 lock.
And surprised by no Howard's Rock at all.
Also no Michigan tapping the "GO BLUE" banner.
Seemed awfully heavy on the SEC too, they're might be just a larger number of traditions down there though.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

This is a joke, I mean I am a Clemson fan but seriously does anyone else not think touching the rock and running down the hill is one of the coolest traditions? And frickin' Carolina gets the swaying crap? There our rivals and I've never even heard of that and EVERYONE knows of Howard's Rock. And although I hate FSU but leaving out the tomahawk chop is just stupid. Along with Michigan's Blue Banner that's just sick. And no offense but Cal's hill is on here never heard of it. I will note this article did put in some very good traditions but leaving out Howard's Rock should be considered murder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
This is a joke, I mean I am a Clemson fan but seriously does anyone else not think touching the rock and running down the hill is one of the coolest traditions? And frickin' Carolina gets the swaying crap? There our rivals and I've never even heard of that and EVERYONE knows of Howard's Rock. And although I hate FSU but leaving out the tomahawk chop is just stupid. Along with Michigan's Blue Banner that's just sick. And no offense but Cal's hill is on here never heard of it. I will note this article did put in some very good traditions but leaving out Howard's Rock should be considered murder.
I'm not really a fan of Clemson but man, seeing them rub and run is the best 30 seconds in sports..unless you're Rick Pittino....
Old 04-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #7
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 007
I'm not really a fan of Clemson but man, seeing them rub and run is the best 30 seconds in sports..unless you're Rick Pittino....

Lol thank you but it's the most exciting 25 seconds of sports But at least I know others respect it too.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #8
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm guessing this author was a Notre Dame fan. I mean, even as a U of M fan and hating ND, I get the Play like a Champion sign being number 1. But no Michigan banner touching, no Howard's Rock, then something about people riding boats to Washington, and some hill in Cali that I've never heard of? Not a fan of this list.

And Enter Sandman should be number 1. Biggest rush I've ever seen watching an entry. Even more than Howard's Rock.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »