Home

Best Recruiting System

This is a discussion on Best Recruiting System within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
Best Recruiting System

Well I just wrote a pretty long write up of why NCAA 12 should take after College Hoops 2k8's recruiting system, but accidently presses the back button and I really don't feel like writing it up again.

Anyways I was pretty much saying how I think 2k's recruiting is more realistic then NCAA Football's because you get to use your assistants to do their recruiting/scouting for you and based on their charisma/scouting ratings (along with your own) determines how well they or you recruit/scout. I think this should be used in NCAA Football if coaching carousel is actually in this year. Right now NCAA Football's recruiting is not fun for me and really keeps me from playing Dynasty mode right now, along with the gameplay.

What else would make NCAA Football's recruiting system better?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Rookie

1bigcharm's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Best Recruiting System

I agree with you. Also, I would love to see a All American Game coming into the the year and i think Hoops 2k8 had that aswell
Old 04-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Goofybub23's Arena

OVR: 0

I never got a chance to play 2k but I would love to see a recruiting system that if not based on your coaches and assistants than at least let the schools recruiting pitches be improved based on your performance! That would make bringing up weak schools so much more fun. For me at least.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigcharm
I agree with you. Also, I would love to see a All American Game coming into the the year and i think Hoops 2k8 had that aswell

Yeh, I completely forgot about the All American Game, it would be nice to (1) play with the recruits in both All American Games or at least one and (2) to have each states All-Star Games as well, including the Shrine Bowl in the Carolinas (SC vs NC) and I'm sure other states play each other as well...
Old 04-13-2011, 02:00 AM   #5
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Call me nuts, but a combo of the Choops 2k8 style where assistants help out and having a weekly budget with the insane amount of options from NCAA Basketball would be what I like. Never liked NCAA recruiting. Especially this year with the whole slot machine style which always brings up garbage pitches of mine.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2011, 03:13 AM   #6
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

The one issue that always kills recruiting for me is how specialized players are coming out of high school. It makes it impossible to move players around which happens all the time in college football.

Recruiting should be built around the basics; how tall, how heavy, how strong, how fast and his stats from all the positions he played in high school. From there I can decide how he will be contribute to my team, not keep him at his HS position.

This is an extremely simplified example but I should have no clue what the stiff arm and juke move ratings are for some random 2* running back in Barrow, AK.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »