Home

I will NOT buy NCAA 12 unless....

This is a discussion on I will NOT buy NCAA 12 unless.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: I will NOT buy NCAA 12 unless....

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
There really aren't any particular features that will keep me from purchasing the game but whatever features they do implement need to be substantial. If it ends up being NCAA11 with upgraded rosters/uniforms, lighting, pylons and other marketing focused fluff; then odds are I'll skip it.

I will be seriously disappointed if CC isn't in but if they include other features that show they're listening to the community (unlike Madden's Gameflow) then there's a good chance I'm still on board.
This^^^^^^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
This^^^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
There really aren't any particular features that will keep me from purchasing the game but whatever features they do implement need to be substantial. If it ends up being NCAA11 with upgraded rosters/uniforms, lighting, pylons and other marketing focused fluff; then odds are I'll skip it.

I will be seriously disappointed if CC isn't in but if they include other features that show they're listening to the community (unlike Madden's Gameflow) then there's a good chance I'm still on board.
I will still buy, but it will seriously change the way I play Dynasty. I think it has to be in this year.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
No sir, What i meant, and the point you missed is...Its silly for you to say that YOU'RE not buying the game UNLESS those TWO features are in the game or whatever. So if the game is is one of the best yet, and just about everybody enjoys it, 9.5 rating, you wont buy the game bcuz those things arent in there?

Ive had no problems with the playbooks and plays thats been in the game. I dont see how that would make the game better. If its in or not, it wont be relevant to me. Just gonna be another way people cheese online

These two features sounds like something that would be put into a childrens football game. All of these customizable features. The majority of people expect REAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL. Not a bunch of made up stuff. I think that new football game EA is coming out with will probably fit peeps like you well

Then you have missed the enitre point of the thread.

These are things that are important to ME... not to you, not to my brother, but to me.

The two things are what I want out of this game. If they are not in the game, then I will just stick to NCAA 11.

It's called an opinion, and this is a message board, where people post theirs
Old 04-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
This is why these games are not more sim like. People don't even want to play using the real teams.
I do think it is silly.

This makes absolutely no logical sense. Please try to explain.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #29
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

Better defense - and by that I don't mean turnovers. Seems like if you amp up the difficulty, you can still move the ball at will but then there's just more fumbles and linebackers flying through the air intercepting passes.

Fumble slider would be nice.

Team Celebrations when a touchdown is scored. They should all be chest bumping, fist pounding, butt slapping etc. lol
Old 04-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #30
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidanbox360
Then you have missed the enitre point of the thread.

These are things that are important to ME... not to you, not to my brother, but to me.

The two things are what I want out of this game. If they are not in the game, then I will just stick to NCAA 11.

It's called an opinion, and this is a message board, where people post theirs
Ok, Well what was the point of this thread? If its stuff that YOU want then write a letter to Ben Haumiler and tell him what YOU want. Im pretty sure no one on these boards cares if YOU buy the game or not.

Last edited by mrMagic91; 04-14-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #31
All Star

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
1) Consecutive hit tackles. I don't think I even need to explain this one and what it means to the game.

2) MUCH improved defensive AI (man and zone). Again, self explanatory.

3) Realistic ball speed/trajectories on passes. The fact that the ball travels so fast is the reason that defenders have to be psychic, and superhuman, to defend passes. Slowing the ball down and adding proper trajectories would allow players to throw passes BEFORE a receiver makes his break (which is more realistic), would eliminate the need for "psychic" DBs, would allow for bullet passes to be thrown downfield with some arc, it would make misthrows look more natural, and would overall create smoother gameplay.

4) Momentum/improved locomotion. Locomotion was a nice addition, but it has to apply to every player on the field at all times. There are still too many instances where players can perform super human feats (such as an LB running in one direction and then suddenly jumping 10 ft in the air in the other direction).

5) More dynamic OL/DL interactions. We need more organic "struggles" in the line, not just one of three outcomes: OL win (defender knocked to the ground), Stalemate (players dance in the same spot), or DL win (blocker thrown aside for a free run at the QB/ballcarrier).

6) Better WR/DB interactions. I'm fine with corners who jump routes, but I've never seen a guy start running the receiver's route before he even makes his break. Let receivers go for the ball and try to break up the pass if the defender is in position to make a pick. Unless the defender is stationary, players reach out and play the receivers arms and hands when defending passes ... they don't jump 8 ft straight in the air. This makes it nearly impossible to throw a lob pass, and is also why the ball has to have that moonshot trajectory. Two birds with one stone.

The top 2 things will get me to rent it. The top 3 things will get me to buy a used copy a few months after release. The top 4 things will get me to buy it new. And anything after that will have me waiting in line on release night.

As you can tell, it's all about gameplay for me. I'm not going to bad-mouth EA for putting work in on the graphics, lighting, and little details (hair, helmets, pylons, etc). I've even helped with the "school cannon" requests. However, none of that is going to actually get me to buy this game. The Art team has certainly been pulling their weight the last two years, I'm hopeful that the gameplay team is willing to match that effort. But if they don't, I'm sorry to say, I'll be on the sidelines for the first time since NCAA 2001.
Pokes nailed it, i like the graphical improvements and I want this game to be up there with Madden as far as graphics instead of a couple years behind, but gameplay is what keeps you coming back.

I want players to be different. I want to see realistic route running, WR's that may be super athletes but poor route runners which cuts down on their effectiveness. Realistic OL/DL interactions, a realistic pocket around the QB. Just overall more realism. Also I want the CPU to stop reading your plays on all-american and heisman modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #32
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

I'm buying no matter what, I just enjoy CFB! Plus my friends and I can always can always find a way to keep the game fun and going.

Madden on the other hand......let's just say Madden 11 was my last purchase.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »