Home

I will NOT buy NCAA 12 unless....

This is a discussion on I will NOT buy NCAA 12 unless.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2011, 01:05 AM   #41
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: I will NOT buy NCAA 12 unless....

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Some of you guys take everything on here way to seriously. Relax. Take a deep breath. Ok now read lol I know some people use teambuilder to create teams that are real and all and that is great. This has nothing to do with those people.
Teambuilder is also often used to create completely fictional teams. This seems to be the direction of the comment of the guy I originally responded to. If people want to play the game using completely fictional teams like a team of transformers for example, then I doubt they care about the game being as realistic and as true to college football as possible.
If you want to create a team full of care bears then thats great. Just makes it silly if you then complain about an NCAA game not having features that make it a must buy and shows that the game being realistic is probably not a priority to that person.
Now you're taking a very small portion of the Teambuilder community and pretending they are the majority. Just looking at the most downloaded teams, the majority of them are FCS teams or all star versions of FBS teams.

To say the "care bear" builders are the reason the game isn't as sim as we'd all like is especially short sighted. The sheer number of people who play online and abuse every possible glitch are the real reason the gameplay has so many unrealistic checks and balances; not the guy who wants to play as an entire team of storm troopers.

Last edited by prowler; 04-16-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2011, 01:12 AM   #42
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody56
there is full player editing in dynasty.
Can you edit attributes in dynasty? No. That's what he's talking about, you should be able to do that whenever like in NBA 2k
Old 04-15-2011, 01:20 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Can you edit attributes in dynasty? No. That's what he's talking about, you should be able to do that whenever like in NBA 2k
and the ability to edit height and weight.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:24 AM   #44
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
Now you're taking a very small portion of the Teambuilder community and pretending they are the majority. Just looking at the most downloaded teams, the majority of them are FCS teams or all star versions of FBS teams.

To say the "care bear" builders are the reason the game isn't as sim as we'd all like is especially short sighted. The sheer number of people who play online and abuse every possible glitch are the real reason the game real reason the gameplay has so many unrealistic checks and balances; not the guy who wants to play as an entire team of storm troopers.
That was well said and I respect your view, however it does not really go towards my original statement. My original comment in this thread was towards aidanbox360 because he totally made it sound like he uses teambuilder to create completely fictional teams.

I guess this game should have teambuilder. As it is there are fake teams in dynasty anyhow. The generic FCS teams that is. Maybe one day we can get the real ones in so that the FCS fans do not have to muddle up the FBS conferances to play as the teams they like. That is what I want the most in this game. Real FCS teams. Not saying all at once but some over time would be nice. I know its not going to happen anytime soon though and I am going to buy the game anyhow.
Somebody is going to say that teambuilder is there for people that want the FCS but it does not work that way. Even with created FCS teams there will still be those stupid generic FCS teams in the game. So that is another reason why I do not really see how teambuilder adds anything to the realism of the game.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:23 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm changing this slightly: I will buy NCAA 12 unless I'm six feet under!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2011, 06:22 AM   #46
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
That was well said and I respect your view, however it does not really go towards my original statement. My original comment in this thread was towards aidanbox360 because he totally made it sound like he uses teambuilder to create completely fictional teams.

I guess this game should have teambuilder. As it is there are fake teams in dynasty anyhow. The generic FCS teams that is. Maybe one day we can get the real ones in so that the FCS fans do not have to muddle up the FBS conferances to play as the teams they like. That is what I want the most in this game. Real FCS teams. Not saying all at once but some over time would be nice. I know its not going to happen anytime soon though and I am going to buy the game anyhow.
Somebody is going to say that teambuilder is there for people that want the FCS but it does not work that way. Even with created FCS teams there will still be those stupid generic FCS teams in the game. So that is another reason why I do not really see how teambuilder adds anything to the realism of the game.
Don't see how it takes away anything either considering afer 5 years teams none of the players that are on the field now will still be playing. If u want to create your own team using anothher teams template I don't think it takes anything away from the "realism" of the game.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 04-15-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Don't see how it takes away anything either considering afer 5 years teams none of the players that are on the field now will still be playing. If u want to create your own team using anothher teams template I don't think it takes anything away from the "realism" of the game.

I'm with this post. How is creating a completely fictional team and placing them as a one star independent stopping the game from being more sim like?

New schools are added to the D1 bowl subdivision all the time (South Alabama in a few years). As long as you don't create a school that is a 6 star prestige in their first year of play, I don't see the logic that teambuilder leads to less sim style of game.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #48
Banned

Charleston_Tiger's Arena

OVR: 6

Physics based gameplay. Move away from canned animations for player interactions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »