Home

OFF SEASON

This is a discussion on OFF SEASON within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
OFF SEASON

If theres something I want to improve, its gotta be this. I dont care to much for alot of things but this. I want there to be a spring game.

More in-depth with the recruiting process. How people stack up with different 40 times and bench press but actually mean something.

more of a coaching boost

stuff like that. Do you guys agree?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 03:41 AM   #2
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: OFF SEASON

Yes, I personally would really like to see spring games, different focuses for the offseason strength and conditioning program, spring practices, etc.

One of the issues is that it takes a long time just to play through a season and recruit the way it is, so I think that even if you simulated through this your guys would still progress normally, but if you wanted to jump in manually and do these things it could add those extra couple progression points to really make a big jump.

So if you jump in and play the spring game and play great with someone it would add to their standard progression points.

I love the idea of offseason activities, but they have to have a purpose like extra progression of players, have the option to be simmed through without completely jeopardizing your team, and not be too tedious.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:32 AM   #3

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I think they have the formula right. I do think it would be cool if they added the Spring Game and Summer Drills back as attribute boosters though.

And if they did add these back, they either need to make the recruits come in rated slightly lower, or make the boosts less drastic than they were on the old PS2 game or make the boosts only for the "technique" based ratings (pbf, tha, bcv, etc) rather than their measureable ratings (spd, str, etc).

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 04-15-2011, 02:29 AM   #4
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Anything they bring back (as long as they don't throw out another) will be a plus from the PS2 game. There's so many examples like this that would make the replay value of NCAA 12 better...

Heck I never played, but read on the first NCAA Dynasty mode was done with a draft style from all the freshman coming in. That would be a nice touch option if recruiting was broken again.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:34 AM   #5
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Yes, I personally would really like to see spring games, different focuses for the offseason strength and conditioning program, spring practices, etc.

One of the issues is that it takes a long time just to play through a season and recruit the way it is, so I think that even if you simulated through this your guys would still progress normally, but if you wanted to jump in manually and do these things it could add those extra couple progression points to really make a big jump.

So if you jump in and play the spring game and play great with someone it would add to their standard progression points.

I love the idea of offseason activities, but they have to have a purpose like extra progression of players, have the option to be simmed through without completely jeopardizing your team, and not be too tedious.
I love the idea of more offseason stuff but I do not like the idea of progression boosts especially if it is a player only type deal. The cpu needs to be treated equally with progression. If this is the case and there were boosts for the player and cpu then the season progression would need lowered or there would be to much progression and to many players rated in the 90s.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »