Home

If Custom Playbooks are in what's yours going to look like?

This is a discussion on If Custom Playbooks are in what's yours going to look like? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 09:31 AM   #17
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: If Custom Playbooks are in what's yours going to look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenw74
based off of the ncaa11 playbook, id use the multiple formation as my base playbook. id take out the flexbone formation, sub in the new pistol diamond formation & make a change here & there. i think each playbook has 18 formations in it.
It varies, Miami(oh) Has 22 or 24 not including hail mary and goalline. It just depends.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #18
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I'm hoping Custom Playbook does make it into ncaa 12 just like madden12. Because I would put a lot of shotgun formation plays and some trick plays into the book. If this was to happen the you know alot of people will be excited about this been in that game. Can't wait to find out tho.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #19
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenw74
i would also have 2 other playbooks. one playbook would be an air raid type made of mostly shotgun formations, I form normal only, & just a few ace spread formations. the other playbook would be a run heavy playbook made mostly of I form, strong I, wishbone normal & wide, 2 or 3 pistol formations. shotgun normal & 4wr would be the only true passing formations. id hope we can chose between goalline normal or goalline power I formations as our default goalline.
I do too! I NEED Power I Goal Line

Old 04-15-2011, 02:59 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 5

custom playbooks are in this yrs game. the devs would be CRAZY not 2 have it in this yrs game & with madden12 having it... we will be able 2 create our playbooks, upload/download them just like teambuilder. in fact, custom playbooks are made online just like teambuilder, then we download them 2 our consoles. sorry EA if i ruined your big announcement early. i predict a blog on this very, very soon now that the 25 new plays are finished.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
4-3, 3-4, 4-4, 3-3-5, 4-2-5, 2-4-5 Nickel and Dime. I play cover 2 with some blitzes mixed in, and if they fix it, some zone. My base defense would mix 3-4 and 4-3 personnel if they let us set up our own positions in the play diagram and the depth chart. I would recruit FS to play the back of my cover 2. My SS would play weakside OLB, my DE would be one 3-4 and one 4-3, a NT and a DT. It would be a diverse attack that will match up against personnel extremely well. If they let us make our own personnel packages I will have Offenses running scared.
Formation Subs and Improved practice has to be in if Custom Playbooks is in. In game and in the Dynasty menu. It would get exhausting every game to do the current subbing or doing it from the pause menu.
I would love to have a Spring Game(hopefully) and see how my players play in certain bases. Then set up the personnel package in the beginning of the season. For example, setting 3-4 OLB in 3-4 packages only and set up powerbacks in house formations and speedy backs in the pistol formation. My players wont lead the nation in stats but they will equally contribute. For example, The sack leader on my team might have 8 sacks, but I will have multiple players over 5+ sacks though.
I will have a Run First offense and alot of PA passes(if it is fixed). I wont recruit pocket passers, only scramblers. All type of RB. Tall Phyiscal WRs, Blocking TEs. Receiving Full Backs. Tall and big(like Wisconsin) Run Blocking Oline. All types of DLine and LB because of the many formations in my Custom Playbook, 5'10-6'2 Cov CB and FS, Hard hitting SS. Power Punters, Accurate Punters. I cant wait to start up my Offline Dynasty.

Last edited by illwill10; 04-15-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2011, 05:00 PM   #22
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Formation Subs and Improved practice has to be in if Custom Playbooks is in. In game and in the Dynasty menu. It would get exhausting every game to do the current subbing or doing it from the pause menu.
I would love to have a Spring Game(hopefully) and see how my players play in certain bases. Then set up the personnel package in the beginning of the season. For example, setting 3-4 OLB in 3-4 packages only and set up powerbacks in house formations and speedy backs in the pistol formation. My players wont lead the nation in stats but they will equally contribute. For example, The sack leader on my team might have 8 sacks, but I will have multiple players over 5+ sacks though.
I will have a Run First offense and alot of PA passes(if it is fixed). I wont recruit pocket passers, only scramblers. All type of RB. Tall Phyiscal WRs, Blocking TEs. Receiving Full Backs. Tall and big(like Wisconsin) Run Blocking Oline. All types of DLine and LB because of the many formations in my Custom Playbook, 5'10-6'2 Cov CB and FS, Hard hitting SS. Power Punters, Accurate Punters. I cant wait to start up my Offline Dynasty.
CB 6' and up S 6'3" 220 and Up LB not really picky but the bigger the better, SDE around 300, NT around 340, DT Pass Rusher, WDE 6'4" 250 and can be a 4-3 pass rushing DE or a 3-4 OLB. My RB can be anything but a small power back or a big speed back. My OL would be balanced, my QB dual threat, balanced or receiving TE and any decent FB I can get though I prefer a 6' 250 bowling ball type. My will be fast. They can be short or tall as long as they have high speed and acceleration.

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 04-15-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
CB 6' and up S 6'3" 220 and Up LB not really picky but the bigger the better, SDE around 300, NT around 340, DT Pass Rusher, WDE 6'4" 250 and can be a 4-3 pass rushing DE or a 3-4 OLB.
I hope there is the abilty to allow users to fully edit players in Dynasty. I dont really care about editing ratings, I am more concerned about Height and Weight. I hated seeing 5'9 190lb- Power Backs. dont see to many 330+pound DTs. I would love the ability to edit a 4-3 280 DT who has great strength into a 3-4 320 NT.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #24
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

IF custom playbooks arent in this year, im blaming everyone on this thread for my disappointment.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »