Home

How do you set up your schedules in your dynasty?

This is a discussion on How do you set up your schedules in your dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
How do you set up your schedules in your dynasty?

I personally always leave the first season as is, then I add as many games as I can to every other season. I have been thinking about playing as few games as possible to get through the seasons faster, but then I wouldnt be able to mount up the high stats I normally do. How do you guys handle this situation?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: How do you set up your schedules in your dynasty?

I like to set up non conference ranked match ups. ACC v. SEC, Big 12 v. ACC & so on.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

I do as you do and leave the first season as it. After that i schedule 4 non-conference games, all at the beginning of the year. I also schedule 7-8 home games.

I run with the badgers and i heard AD Alvarez say he has to have 7-8 homes games a year to make enough money for the rest of the athletic department so i do the same. After about the 4th year when i have a descent team i start to schedule home and homes with other descent teams to try to make it more competitive. I also figure scheduling cupcakes for non-conference is pretty realistic for the badgers as well. I have good sliders too which helps so i don't go undefeated in conference so i also need the non-conference to boost my win totals.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

Try and be pretty realistic, nobody goes out and plays 3 Top10 non-conference games. I can't stand it, in real life its season suicide. Risk not even close to the reward. I still scheduled non-conference maybe slightly stronger with two BCS teams on it.

Here's generally how it worked for me @ Cal in my 6 seasons from 2013-2018, 2* to perennial top 10 and a National Championship

WAC/C-USA West/MWC
Big12/Big10/Big East
SEC/ACC

The WAC/C-USA/MWC usually a one year deal at home, did do a 3 game series with BYU toward the end giving them the extra home game and starting a little rivalry since they were consistently close games. Played @TCU once too. The two BCS games usually were one strong program, Top20, and a lower level. Sometimes two that hover around the #18-25.

BYU 3x
UTEP 1x
TCU 1x
La Tech 1x

Miami 2x
Arkansas 2x
Miss St 1x
Tennessee 1x
Purdue 2x
Minnesota 1x
Mizzou 2x
Syracuse 1x

My friend did the same thing at Wazzu, USC dropped off to middle of the conference and Oregon stuck around with us. We wanted to play three or four seasons at Non-BCS level hoping for some teams would drop down to 2*'s (The only programs we were letting ourselves go to hoping to try and up the difficulty). Unfortunately at Toledo and Ohio we went up to 4*'s too quickly and had to jump ship before we would ruin the balance in the MAC. Fun way to do dynasty.

After that, he went on to 2* Northwestern while I tried for my repeat

Last edited by Special27K; 04-14-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

I always leave the first season as is. After that I make my schedule as realistic as possible.

I'm Indiana so I always schedule one MAC opponent usually @ home, one ranked/quality BCS team home & home series or ranked non-bcs team like Boise St home & home, one non-bcs team at home, and for my last game either another non-bcs team or a lower quality BCS team and depending how I feel either home or away. So almost every year I will have 3 non-conference home games a year. Some years I have all 4 at home, some I have 2 on the road.

I'm currently in year 2025 of my dynasty and here is a breakdown of most of my opponents:

Cincinnati: Home & Home x 2
Missouri: Home & Home
Kentucky: Home & Home
Central Michigan: Home & Home
UCLA: Home & Home
Miami FL: Home & Home
Notre Dame: Home & Home
Boston College: Home & Home
Conneticut: Home & Home
Central Florida: Home & Home
Boise State: Home & Home
Louisville: Home & Home

Every home and home I scheduled the opposing team was ranked in the top 25 the year I scheduled them except for Louisville and Kentucky.

Every MAC team once: I've played Ball St, Ohio, Miami Ohio, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan and Temple more then once.

Other non-conference opponents:
Idaho
Colorado St
Hawaii
FIU
Western Kentucky
Army
Navy
Louisiana Tech
Louisiana Lafayette
Houston
UTEP

Last edited by Buckeyes_Doc; 04-16-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

If my team is good then i go after teams who are ranked ahead of me.
If i have a bad team then i just try to put teams that i can beat on the schedule but i try to keep my strength of schedule high.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:03 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I leave my first season same. Then after that Ill have at least a 'A' schedule.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #8
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I know this is boring but I do not change any of my schedules. I leave them all as they are given to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »