Home

What is your D?

This is a discussion on What is your D? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Defense of choice?
4-3 23 36.51%
3-4 13 20.63%
3-3-5 9 14.29%
4-2-5 6 9.52%
Multiple D 12 19.05%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #25
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What is your D?

4-3, the other ones don't work effectively enough.

Against the CPU though it doesn't really matter which one you use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #26
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
They really need to add a bull rush animation. I want to see the physical nature of the oline/dline interaction.Blitzing doesnt help. Blitzers always get picked up. I want to see studs dline dominante weaker oline. There needs to be quicker moves because the CPU QB gets the ball out so fast. It is kind of useless to try to speed rush.There should be 85+ speed DE use the speed rush and the user not having to use the stick.
Ya and 1/2 the time against the CPU Qb they refuse to take a sack even if it means throwing to double coverage. And yes even against weaker teams the Dline rush hardly seems any better. You don't even gotta fear running to that side 1/2 the time either
Old 04-16-2011, 01:38 AM   #27
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Barely at all. Unless I have a freak at DE, the only way I get pressure is user controlled. I actually in edited a DE as a freak and played in 1 play now game I didnt have to controll him to get pressure.
I think the problem is that AI knows who is blitzing where. It seems like the guards who dont block anyone knows who is blitzing
I'm somebody who's always played as a DE/DT. It's just stupid this year. Play off of the D line, you get ZERO pressure. Play as a D lineman, you get insane amounts of pressure. Today in my OD game (vs CPU), my user controlled true frosh DE (78 overall, 89 power move, 78 finesse, 79 block shedding) had 4 sacks. I mean, I was playing BC, who in this season, has their best OT as an 81 overall (who happened to be the O lineman against my player). In theory, my 85 overall RE should dominate their 73 overall LT while my 78 overall LE shouldn't go to town on an 81 overall RT. But my RE did NOTHING all game, while my user controlled LE dominated their RT. Every time I brought a blitz, I didn't get a sack, but that's old news, as the computer reads the D far too fast on a blitz.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 04-16-2011, 04:19 AM   #28
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I'm somebody who's always played as a DE/DT. It's just stupid this year. Play off of the D line, you get ZERO pressure. Play as a D lineman, you get insane amounts of pressure. Today in my OD game (vs CPU), my user controlled true frosh DE (78 overall, 89 power move, 78 finesse, 79 block shedding) had 4 sacks. I mean, I was playing BC, who in this season, has their best OT as an 81 overall (who happened to be the O lineman against my player). In theory, my 85 overall RE should dominate their 73 overall LT while my 78 overall LE shouldn't go to town on an 81 overall RT. But my RE did NOTHING all game, while my user controlled LE dominated their RT. Every time I brought a blitz, I didn't get a sack, but that's old news, as the computer reads the D far too fast on a blitz.
I agree. Like you said a DE should beat a way lower rated T but he shouldn't be able to beat him on every play. Just like in real when a top team faces a lower team the DE doesn't get 10+ sacks a game just because he's better than the T he is goin against. I wish EA could work on how star players work...

Also being a pass rusher is fun but being how the coverage is most of the time you gotta be a LB or safety to have a chance most of the time or people just abuse crosses over the middle and post routes.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #29
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

I use the 4-3 mostly b/c the defense with one high safety you will get killed agaist a HUM player. But against the CPU I will run some 4-4.

Quote:
Its (3-3-5) just better at stopping between the tackle running than it should be is all I think he's getting at.
Really the 3-3-5 is a good defense at stoping the run b/c even though its not implemented in the game; IRL the DL are always slanting and the LB's are blitzing opposite the direction the DL is slanting. Then add safeties into the equation and it causes for a lot of confusion in the Blocking scheme.

Quote:
I agree. Like you said a DE should beat a way lower rated T but he shouldn't be able to beat him on every play. Just like in real when a top team faces a lower team the DE doesn't get 10+ sacks a game just because he's better than the T he is goin against. I wish EA could work on how star players work...

I have some sliders that I made for this particular reason. They are very challenging IMO but not in a chessy way. I created them based on rating match ups (ex. comparing OL blocking rating with DL block shed ratings) not OVR. Blitzes work now and when they are picked up it makes since. No more sixth sense lineman. U will definitly see good limeman dominate but not the 10 sack kind of dominate. I'm having some great games and now the player I control is not the dominate player if he isn't highly rated. (I play with MLB) I started to post them in the slider section a while back but I thought it was a lil late to be posting sliders. If anybody interested just PM me.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:07 PM   #30
Rookie

cajunspice's Arena

OVR: 0

I know they took it out of '11, but I believe it was in '10. I really like the 4-4. If you have a really good secondary, you can tear it up on d with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »